Review: Brydge Bluetooth keyboard for iPad Pro

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    It seems Brydge does also make a case for the iPad that allows you to use it with the keyboard. I'm seriously debating getting one with a 12.9 inch Pro. I've got the 9.7 inch Pro and it's too small to type on, so I keep bringing my 13 inch MacBook with me when I go writing. But I'm seriously rethinking my future buying choices. I do a lot of writing and graphic work. Affinity Photo is already available on the iPad Pro and runs faster than my MacBook, Designer will be out soon. I could get a 13 inch MacBook Pro for 3 grand (not gonna get one without an i7. But I've heard the keyboards on those stop working really frequently. I really wish they'd add mouse/trackpad/pointer support to the iPad. At this point torrenting is one of the only things that I use my Mac for that I can't do on an iOS device. That said I really do like the Mac UI more. I just wish Apple wasn't pricing the Mac so far above what I can afford these days.
  • Reply 22 of 22
    I have tried the Brydge keyboard, for my iPad, and would never buy one again, and urge caution with this company. They are, in my opinion, pushing shoddy products, and even shoddiest business practices. My Brdge keyboard was sluggish and had multiple sticky keys - out of the box. I should have known better and trusted my guy instincts. The local MICROS store - which sells deplorable products and an even more delorable customer experience - dropped the product soon after I bought a Brydge keyboard (out of desperation). Not only is the Brydge keyboard over-priced, but, again, a deplorable experience out of the box. WHe I tried to return my keyboard to Brydge - 2 months after purchase - Brydge told me that they had found “an extensive amount of dried liquids and crumbs on and under most of the keys of the Brydge itself. Whatever these substances are, they have worked their way into the internal components of your Brydge and this is why some of the keys are no longer functioning properly.  Due to this liquid damage, our Brydge warranty is void per our full terms and conditions.” This fictitious response from them completely ignores the fact that (1) the keyboard was awful out of the box, (2) I never spilled anything on the keyboard (3) I never eat over my keyboard, and in fact (4) I regularly air-dust each of my electronic devices. I returned this keyboard in near-pristine condition, having used it for less than 2 months. This is the worst experience I have ever had with a keyboard, and my experience with Brydge leads me to believe that Brdge is an even shoddier operation than the products they sell. I cannot urge enough caution with Brydge. I will never do business with this company again.