Apple Pay Cash leverages Discover Network for new virtual debit card

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 21
    Uky524Uky524 Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    Not necessarily. The transaction is Apple Pay to Apple Pay using verified Apple ID's via Messages, through the Discover (Pulse) network with transactions verified by Green Dot Bank. Apple Pay Cash is intended for person to person transactions, not payment to retailers whom would use an Apple Pay compatible terminal.
    As stated already, that is not true. Apple Pay Cash is intended as both a P2P payment service and for use as a debit card, assuming your Apple Pay Cash balance has enough on it to back up what you're buying. 

Directly from Apple.com:

"You can start using Apple Pay Cash right away to make purchases in stores, in apps, and on the web. Or transfer your Apple Pay Cash balance to your bank account."

As a side note to the main convo - When I've used my Apple Pay Cash as payment method in stores the receipt has always said Discover Debit was used. Idk how the back end of approvals work, but it LOOKS LIKE it's completely dependent on the Discover (Pulse) network. I also have the Discover Cashback checking account and my Discover debit card has yet to find a place it isn't accepted. I'm sure they're out there, but I haven't run into any problems yet. And I've went to some pretty small mom and pop shops to use it before.