First watchOS 4.3 beta made available for developer testing

Posted:
in Apple Watch edited January 2018
Apple on Thursday issued a developer's beta for watchOS 4.3, adding to the slew of Wednesday's test releases, though what exactly is in the update remains a mystery.

There are no notes associated with the watchOS beta. At present it is unknown what it contains, beyond bug fixes. Expected are the first moves towards AirPlay 2 compatibility.

The build number on the beta is 15T5165e. The way Apple's build numbers work for beta test releases as compared to the previous release lead to no easy comparison between the two to signify any magnitude of changes.

Apple took a two-step approach to Wednesday's iOS 11.3 update, pre-announcing it link textin the morning, before a release at its customary time.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,350member
    Apple on Thursday issued a developer's beta for watchOS 4.3, adding to the slew of Wednesday's test releases, though what exactly is in the update remains a mystery.

There are no notes associated with the watchOS beta. At present it is unknown what it contains, beyond bug fixes. Expected are the first moves towards AirPlay 2 compatibility.

The build number on the beta is 15T5165e. The way Apple's build numbers work for beta test releases as compared to the previous release lead to no easy comparison between the two to signify any magnitude of changes.

Apple took a two-step approach to the Wednesday's iOS 11.3 update, pre-announcing it link textin the morning, before a release at its customary time.
    This is fine by me.I *just* got through updating all my Watches to 4.2.2 and it took waaaay too long for ONE Watch let alone all of them. I really wish Apple would work on shortening the update times and limiting the number of times I need to enter my password during the process.

And do something about that whole 'A new Apple Watch has just...' whatever. It's MY Apple Watch, the same one I've updated five times now! <whew>
  • Reply 2 of 2
    NY1822NY1822 Posts: 621member
    iPhone music control seems to have made it back into the beta