Get 50 Dunkin' Donuts Perks Points for using Apple Pay

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2018
Apple continued a semi-weekly Apple Pay promotional campaign on Thursday with a new offer from Dunkin' Donuts that presents users with reward points for using the mobile payments system.

Announced in an email to Apple Pay users, the latest offer presents Dunkin' Donuts customers 50 DD Perks Points when they use Apple Pay to reload a DD Card in the Dunkin' Donuts app. The point amount is worth about $10, as DD Perks members normally earn 5 points for every $1 spent on qualifying products.

Customers can trade in 200 DD Perks Points to receive a free beverage.

According to the fine print, Apple's offer is valid through Feb. 1, 2018, and members must use Apple Pay to load or reload at least $2 on a DD Card through the Dunkin Mobile app. Auto-reloads, eGift cards and physical card purchases are not eligible for the points bonus.

Today's offer continues an ongoing Apple Pay promotion that in past weeks has included specials from car parking service SpotHero, Instacart and sneaker buying service GOAT.

Apple launched the initiative late last year when it presented a $5 iTunes gift card to shoppers using Apple Pay at certain online merchants including JCPenney, Macy's and Warby Parker.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    I hasn’t been in a Dunkin Donut’s in 20 years...

Never heard of Warby Parker...

I did use Apple Pay at Macy’s online.  It was one of my fastest purchases (checkouts) ever.

I’d like Apple Pay on Amazon but that’s probably not going to happen...
  • Reply 2 of 8
    50 points is worth 1/4 of a drink, nowhere near $10

The points would cost you $10 if obtain through purchase, but the redeemable value is much less
    edited January 2018 slprescott
  • Reply 3 of 8
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    waw74 said:

The points would cost you $10 if obtain through purchase, but the redeemable value is much less
    But you save $10 and get that 1/4 beverage sooner. 
  • Reply 4 of 8
    That was painless.  Thanks for the 50 points!
  • Reply 5 of 8
    jungmark said:
    waw74 said:

But you save $10 and get that 1/4 beverage sooner. 
    worth is what they can be redeemed for,  not what you paid for them.
    and that $10 would buy coffee and a couple donuts a couple times in addition to the points. 

• Reply 6 of 8
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    Also known as the Mall Cop Promotion. 
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 7 of 8
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    wreighven said:
    Except your body is writhing in agony from the Dunkin Donut toxins you injected it with...
  • Reply 8 of 8
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    I hasn’t been in a Dunkin Donut’s in 20 years...

Never heard of Warby Parker...

I did use Apple Pay at Macy’s online.  It was one of my fastest purchases (checkouts) ever.

I’d like Apple Pay on Amazon but that’s probably not going to happen...
    Warby Parker is an awesome place to get prescription glasses online. They even sell prescription sun glasses too. Cheap and they have been great quality for me. You can pick up to 5 frames to try on and they'll send you them for free and you can try them for I think its 7 or 10 days and then you send them back. You pick a frame (or a frame with a lens) and they'll ship them right out to you. All you have to do is send them your prescription. I've gotten I think 3 pairs of glasses there before. 

Out the door was $129 for frames and glasses. The only thing you'd have to do is have them fitted by an optician. If you have vision insurance, just submit the invoice to them for a refund of whatever they cover. Warby Parker does not do upfront insurance. Its up to you to submit for any refunds. 

If Apple could get Amazon onboard for ApplePay, that would be absolutely huge for Apple, especially if it could be exclusive to ApplePay. If Apple could pull this off, I have a feeling Walmart wouldn't be far behind. 

wreighven said:
    Except your body is writhing in agony from the Dunkin Donut toxins you injected it with...
    Yeah I don't know how anyone can drink Dunkin Donuts' coffee. Its just as bad as Tim Horton's. Starbucks or nothing!
    edited January 2018