Apple issues first macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 beta to public testers

Posted:
in macOS
Following Wednesday's developer release of macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 beta, Apple issued the first evaluation version of the new Mac operating system to public beta program members on Friday.

The code contained within the first public beta should be identical to the version supplied to developers, meaning users can expect to find the same new features and bug fixes.

Apple's latest macOS High Sierra build is one of the last to support 32-bit apps. As such, Apple has included a new warning alert that notifies users of the pending deprecation of support.

As usual, the latest macOS version includes features rolled out in iOS 11.3 beta, also released to developers on Wednesday. To achieve cross-platform continuity, macOS now incorporates Messages in iCloud, a feature that synchronizes a user's Messages "stack" between multiple devices logged in to the same iCloud account. With only the newest messages stored locally and the rest offloaded to the cloud, Messages in iCloud is expected to save disk space for users who commonly hold multiple conversations.

Mac users interested in trying out the new macOS 10.13.4 beta can sign up for Apple's Beta Software Program by visiting the program's dedicated website.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Any guesses as to when we’ll see APFS for Fusion and non-ssd drives?  It hasn’t been discussed lately from what I’ve seen.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    I'm hoping they will get OpenCL working again. It's been broken since 10.13.2
  • Reply 3 of 9
    I'm loving the black icons in Finder and to a lesser extent iTunes. It just seems crisper.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Messages has been broken since High Sierra launch and still seems to be here. I have a Macbook, iPad and iPhone all of which show Messages fine. However, I have an iMac which shows some conversations by their phone number, not name - although they still render the contact photo. It sounds a small thing but can hard to see, with random contact images from twitter or facebook, who the thread is with. Also any new conversation with one of those contacts results in an error saying 'This person is not setup to use iMessage' even though any new thread with the same person on another device works just fine. I've tried a clean install of macos on my iMac and still no fix. Apple technical support said this was a bug they were aware of and would fix. That was with High Sierra just released but still not fix. Still showing same issue with public beta of 10.13.4 too.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    All of Microsoft Office 2016 is still 32 bit
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Not surprised by that. Windows is slow to go 64 bit
  • Reply 7 of 9
    I'm running the newest version of Microsoft Office on High Sierra and at least those apps are 64-bit.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    ivanhivanh Posts: 597member
    Any guesses as to when we’ll see APFS for Fusion and non-ssd drives?  It hasn’t been discussed lately from what I’ve seen.

• Reply 9 of 9
    ivanhivanh Posts: 597member
    Is there such a plan? I don’t think Apple will do it.