CNN blames Apple for bombarding users with repeated Apple News push notification [u]

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    roake said:
    CNN Fake News?
    Only if you believe DaffyDon...
    ... BTW, its been reported that he went over the 2,000 mark in lies last year.
    ........  The BIGGEST, the GREATEST liar EVER!
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 30
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    Well, I’ve just had a news alert from Apple apologising for the repeating alerts, so it certainly sounds like it was on their end. 

I got the apology, but I didn’t get the extra alerts.
    edited January 2018 GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 23 of 30
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,337member
    foggyhill said:
    Yet another quality issue from Apple. They need to focus on quality, not new features.
    Is a quality issue, or CNN covering their ass and finger pointing. Who knows really.
    I believe its an Apple issue. I was receiving a ton of the same push notifications from another news source earlier this evening. I had to turn off notifications for the News app. I literally received close to 40 of the same notifications. 
    I have the same new notifications turned on, both my iPad and iPhone and I didn’t receive any out of the ordinary notifications?   A friend however received the notification mentioned in this article over and over yesterday evening.  
  • Reply 24 of 30
    roakeroake Posts: 811member
    I’m surprised CNN didn’t blame Trump for this issue.  Maybe they forgot...?
    edited January 2018 watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 30
    Yes, iOS 11 has plenty of bugs and there seems to be more bugs showing up with each passing week. I am using the beta version 11.3 on a iPhone X and some apps freeze and I have to quit them manually, this even happens with Apple's own apps as well. some clock apps are showing a 1 minute lag behind the iPhone's actual time as well. I have even had to reboot the device a few times but fortunately that hasn't happened very often. But, rest assured that Apple is always working to get rid of the bugs every week!
    edited January 2018 watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 30
    jdgazjdgaz Posts: 404member
    Everyone should probably calm down. This too shall pass.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 30
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,360member
    Of course Apple couldn't possibly be responsible and it must be CNN lying about checking its logs to see how many times the alert was sent out.

AI's 'Blame' headline is more accusatory than the quoted CNN statement, which seems far more explanatory than accusatory.

Given that some iPhone users were pissed off at getting a bunch of notifications, there's nothing wrong with CNN offering an explanation, especially when some are so quick to place blame with little to no knowledge of a situation.

Let's be honest here... Apple is not particularly quick to step forward and say 'Sorry, it was us...' The times that they did so (quickly, in particular) are exceptions to the rule.

Maybe we'll find out, eventually, what happened. I wouldn't put money on it, either way.
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 28 of 30
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,360member
    Rayz2016 said:
    Well, I’ve just had a news alert from Apple apologising for the repeating alerts, so it certainly sounds like it was on their end. 

I got the apology, but I didn’t get the extra alerts.
    I didn't get either, though I did see that 'Bruno Mars swept...' 

I've only just started getting these news alerts and very few of them. I must have done something to start them, and will have to check Notifications and maybe the news app (is there such a thing?).
  • Reply 29 of 30
    I love Apple News and use it many times a day. When I first opened it when it came as part of an OS update, I answered some questions about my preferences, and that was it. I never get any notifications. Perhaps it asked if I wanted them and I answered no—can’t remember now. In any case this is not an issurue for me. 
  • Reply 30 of 30
    LatkoLatko Posts: 398member
    We touch ont hthe galactic issue whether fake news about fake news cn sometimes become valuable.