First HomePod orders arrive as Apple publishes User Guide

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    lukeilukei Posts: 379member
    felix01 said:
    NY1822 said:
    When "Hey Siri" is said with a phone nearby along with the Homepod, what activates? 
    HomePod has priority according to another site. Apparently there's an algorithm which uses unexplained parameters to decide which device's Siri gets the nod. But a HomePod, with it's superior mic receiver system, will always get the job if it's within range. 
    What happens to me is that Siri on phone also activates briefly but the HomePod acts on the command
  • Reply 22 of 23
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,248member
    lukei said:
    felix01 said:
    NY1822 said:
    When "Hey Siri" is said with a phone nearby along with the Homepod, what activates? 
    HomePod has priority according to another site. Apparently there's an algorithm which uses unexplained parameters to decide which device's Siri gets the nod. But a HomePod, with it's superior mic receiver system, will always get the job if it's within range. 
    What happens to me is that Siri on phone also activates briefly but the HomePod acts on the command
    So in effect any "not owner" within earshot using Siri for setting a reminder such as "Remind me to pick up milk on the way home" would have the reminder going to the HomePod owners account rather than their own. Is that correct? 
  • Reply 23 of 23
    lukeilukei Posts: 379member
    If their voice was similar enough to match profile of voice of the ‘owner’ then yes. 

The microphones are very sensitive even at low volumes so that earshot is quite some distance. 
    edited February 2018