Apple Park now Apple's official corporate address

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    Why do they need the “Way”? Do they know the way? Why not just 1 Apple Park?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 29
    To Apple employees resisting any move to the new address, "it's Apple Park Way or the Highway."
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 29
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,150member
    Since both Way and Park are USPS recognized street suffixes, I'm guessing that someone(s) at Apple deliberately wanted to use the Way street suffix.

I'm not surprised based on Steve Jobs's interest in Eastern philosophy. "The Way" is most commonly identified with Taoism, but is also associated with various Japanese religious philosophies, including Buddhist and Shinto beliefs.

I doubt that we will ever know the true motivations behind the street naming decision though so this is all silly, relatively meaningless speculation.
    edited February 2018 tallest skil
  • Reply 24 of 29
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,038member
    mpantone said:
    Since both Way and Park are USPS recognized street suffixes, I'm guessing that someone(s) at Apple deliberately wanted to use the Way street suffix.

I'm not surprised based on Steve Jobs's interest in Eastern philosophy. "The Way" is most commonly identified with Taoism, but is also associated with various Japanese religious philosophies, including Buddhist and Shinto beliefs.

I doubt that we will ever know the true motivations behind the street naming decision though so this is all silly, relatively meaningless speculation.
    Silly, meaningless speculation or not, your statements sound, to me, like Jobs.
    edited February 2018 watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 29
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,150member
    Soli said:

Silly, meaningly speculation or not, your statements sound, to me, like Jobs.
    Steve is long dead now. And Westerners have been aware of Eastern philosophies long before Steve Jobs.

He wasn't the only one in the SF Bay Area who had understanding/appreciation of Eastern philosophical concepts.
    edited February 2018
  • Reply 26 of 29
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,038member
    mpantone said:
    Soli said:

Steve is long dead now. And Westerners have been aware of Eastern philosophies long before Steve Jobs.

He wasn't the only one in the SF Bay Area who had understanding/appreciation of Eastern philosophical concepts.
    Sure, but I can easily see the street name being conceived early on, so I'd be more surprised to find out that the name wasn't from Jobs than I would be that it was.
    ronn
  • Reply 27 of 29
    Duh. Its called Apple park way because it is the way to Apple park.
    mike1
  • Reply 28 of 29
    dsddsd Posts: 186member
    mpantone said:
    Soli said:

Sound like it was conceived by the Leisure Services Department.
  • Reply 29 of 29
    There are a lot of ways in existence not just this one we are talking about.