iPhone battery catches fire

Posted:
in iPhone
So here I am SOL with my iPhone 6s Plus. Was in New York for a little time and my phone was charged at about 70%. About 30 minutes later I go to Check Navi, and it’s down to 2%. Okay, perfectly fine, understood my battery needs to be replaced. As I got back into town, battery kept draining and dying again and again. Walked into Apple, told me no appointment for walk ins and they won’t have one until 2 weeks from now and won’t get a battery for 3-4 weeks. Couldn’t wait that long, work emails, business calls and my phone constantly is ringing and texting. I decide to take it to a shop, reputable shop. I’m in there while they’re doing repairs to the phone and he tells me he hears something sizzling while taking the phone apart. I think it’s normal, next thing you know, battery is smoking so much and catches fire. I let that go and get my battery replaced and use it for a week. The battery life is horrible. Then I hear about he battery recall and I decide to bring it in to Apple for the $29 dollar replacement. I finally get an appointment after so long I go in they do battery testing and say I’ll need a new battery and they order my battery and tell me it’ll be here in 3-4 weeks time. I wait and wait and finally get a call saying battery is in. I go and drop my phone off and they call me an hour later saying phone is ready. When I arrive there, I check in and wait for a rep to come bring the phone. They bring it to me and tell me they can’t do anything because it has a different battery inside. 

Does Apple not want their phones opened up because of issues like this and they can contain what happens internally and the word doesn’t get out of what a shitty product they’re selling to customers and actually know about this? Apple rep actually sat there and argued with me, I believe an assistant manager, that the tech who worked on the phone didn’t know what he was doing and that’s the only reason what has happened to the battery had happened. I mean cmon guys, people replace their batteries with simple instructions from a YouTube video. It doesn’t take a genius. They really want to screw me out of a battery replacement and not take responsibility for their malfunctioning product? Any one have any idea or advice? Wish I could post a picture of what happened to the battery, the thing is torched!  Thanks guys!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    What malfunctioning product? Batteries are consumables, they always have been. Fact is, the "reputable shop" caused the battery rupture and replaced it with a crappy battery.

Bring it back to the "reputable shop" and have them fix the problem.
    shark5150aaziz33
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Great, thanks mike 
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Apple's not replacing the battery because it's not Apple's battery... you already had Apple's battery out removed!... 
    Of course they're not going to replace somebody else's battery!