Hands on: Apple's 'Netflix of Magazines' Texture provides a wealth of content to readers

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26

Rayz2016 said:
    kkqd1337 said:
    It's good to see a company having enough confidence to invest in the magazine industry and journalism. 
    Exactly. 

We’ve fallen out of the habit of paying for quality, and look what happened: quality went out the window. 

What did we expect?
    You all expected to continue getting stuff for free because you all were never *in* to the habit of actually paying for magazines or journalism. You all were mocking those groups as part of a dying industry and how deserved that was.
    baconstang
  • Reply 22 of 26
    FolioFolio Posts: 698member
    Rayz2016 said:
    “Garden & Gun”

Intriguing…

"Canadian Cycling"
    "Canadian Running"

A new method?

• Reply 23 of 26
    FolioFolio Posts: 698member

Rayz2016 said:
    I wonder if it includes American Cinematographer.
    https://www.texture.com/all-titles/

No, by the looks of it. 

Thanks for the link. Actually variety and quality is better than expected: Bloomberg Markets, Bizweek,Forbes, New Yorker, Smithsonian, Nat Geo. Plus fitness, hobbies, sports, music and even some alts like Mother Jones. Only a few titles in Spanish and French. Maybe Apple will diversify.

I'd have to visit dozens of dentist offices each month to find half these titles.
    robin hubergatorguy
  • Reply 24 of 26
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,960member
    I tried to find out if wife and I can share a subscription on our respective iPads. Anybody know? Went to their website, but there is no Contact Us link. I hate when companies do that. 
  • Reply 25 of 26
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    I tried to find out if wife and I can share a subscription on our respective iPads. Anybody know? Went to their website, but there is no Contact Us link. I hate when companies do that. 
    You can access Texture on up to 5 devices for sure, but I believe they all need to be under your account. 
    Folio
  • Reply 26 of 26
    Good move for both companies, but Apple now has a massive hold on music, journalism, and soon TV.