Grading the rumors -- assessing Apple's possible releases at the Chicago event on March 27...

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    robjnrobjn Posts: 283member
    Apple ClassRoom looks like a fabulous foundation for a great product.
    But, to succeed, it will need great apps on top of it that provide high quality learning material.

One of Apple’s biggest strengths in Education is the App Store. It is by far the best source of high quality educational apps, in contrast Chrome books rely heavily on websites.

What Apple needs to better compete against is Google’s first party apps and services. For example, iPads deployed in Education need sufficient iCloud storage.
  • Reply 42 of 43
    canukstormcanukstorm Posts: 2,700member
    deepen03 said:
    There will definitely be new iPads.

My prediction is the MacBook is reduced to $999 and refreshed with 8th gen U series chips, while the Air is discontinued.
    "My prediction is the MacBook is reduced to $999 and refreshed with 8th gen U series chips, while the Air is discontinued."

I would so love this.
  • Reply 43 of 43
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    Yeah, I don't know about Mac hardware. Love to be proven wrong, but the Mac Pro is definitely not going to be announced here. That will be at WWDC or later. The MacBook Air or MacBook Nothing are possible, but I don't think we'll see them, either. Nor do I think they'll update the Mac mini, although I'm in the market for a new one.

Still, what do I know? It's not like I'm a pundit (still waiting for an offer, if anyone's reading this).