How to create your own HomeKit camera with a Raspberry Pi and HomeBridge

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 73
    Updating to the latest updates using 'sudo apt-get upgrade' breaks this app. Beware.

• Reply 62 of 73
    Hello Andrew, Does this mean you could remotely view the camera from you iPhone?   If so, could you give some more detail on the extra bits required & setup??  Thanks Dave (absolute novice)
    Hi there, yes, this should work remotely. I tested this and found no issues.

• Reply 63 of 73
    Hello Andrew - Great article.  Can you expand on working this remotely.  My scenario is I would like to view the  camera remotely from my iphone.  The camera  location has no wifi or mains ower. I can handle the power with a combo of Solar & a battery pack.  Could I use a GSM module with your set up to ping the camera on demand from the iPhone.  I dont need continuous streaming or recording -  just the ability to check every so often what's going on.  I'm an absolute novice & I found your tutorial easily to follow.  Thanks in advance.  Dave
  • Reply 64 of 73
    samcusinsamcusin Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    Hey ! Would it be possible to run the HomeKit hub AND use a magnetic "open door detector" to send a notification when the door's open ?
  • Reply 65 of 73
    I don't have an iPhone. Is the stream available from a browser as well?
  • Reply 66 of 73
    I would like to have a MotionEye OS server access the video stream from this Pi, but cannot find the port and/or url to provide to MotionEye. MotionEye will take MJPEG or RTSP video streams and can do additional processing of the stream for motion detection and notification. 

Thanks for any help that can be provided. 
  • Reply 67 of 73
    netzwerk675netzwerk675 Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    Great HowTo! Unfortunately it does not work for me... Getting everything to look how it should, getting a HomeKit-code, but my Home App doesn't find any accessory. Please help!!
  • Reply 68 of 73
    i put that image on my pi zero w , ssh into it, got the code, robooted, no accesory apear on iphone after puting in the code. tryed 5 times, no luck. is there a missing step?
  • Reply 69 of 73
    How would I change the name of the PiCamera and also the amount of streams?
  • Reply 70 of 73
    AlexalAlexal Posts: 1member
    The image provided is 400 mb larger than a 16 gb SD card.. Any ideas on how to reduce the size?
  • Reply 71 of 73
    I am wonder, the camera just freeze and don’t shown “Live” in the homekit interface. It work fine in iPhone6 but not work in iPhone 6s or later... including iPad 6 Gen...  
  • Reply 72 of 73
    The camera now totally unconnectable after ubdated to ios 13...! any update...?