iPod left at the door.

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    FedEx and USPS leaves stuff to. Don't piss on the carriers, piss on the vendors for not requiring a signature on delivery.

The only one that has a policy on the matter is UPS. They will only leave a package in rare instances (not visible from the sidewalk, single-family dwelling, not raining, etc.).
  • Reply 22 of 25
    roborobo Posts: 469member
    At my parents house in Canada, Fedex won't leave a package unless you have a FedEx decal on your door, which signals that they can leave stuff. Where my parents live, theft is extremely rare, and my dad's been recieving FedEx stuff this way on a frequent basis for years.

Where i live (in NYC) an unattended package will disappear in minutes. Sometimes the courier truck gets taken, too So they never leave stuff.

-aoeu
  • Reply 23 of 25
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Up in cottage country (where I like too visit north of T.O.) I noticed that many a small town has a decent post office. I remember when my parents moved nigh on 20 years ago and I was just a wee lad, their home was considered rural, or at least sub-sub-urban, and we had no post at home, everything was post office pick-up. To be honest I favor that arrangement best, I knew who handled the mail and packages, where they were, when etc etc... I miss the post office.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    [quote]Originally posted by satchmo:

<strong>The good news is my refurb iPod has arrived at my brother's doorstep and will arrive up here in Canada on Friday.

The bad news is that Airborne Express didn't have anyone sign for the package. Just left it at the front door.

Is this normal practice? Sure it was free 2 day delivery, but I keep thinking how easy someone could have just walked off with it.

This would have caused a messy argument of whether or not the package was ever delivered or not.

How difficult is it for them to ring the doorbell and get a signature?</strong><hr></blockquote>

In practice by most companies (Fedex), they will not leave a product anywhere, unless you have previously established a safe point where to do such. And thus by releasing said point, you release them of all responcibilties once they leave it there... (Thus they'll leave documentation for establishing such, but not your precious)

It is sad to hear that American Express at least doesn't follow such policy to cover their @$$. What if products can't stand the heat or the cold???