Mazda gives in, to deliver Apple CarPlay support with 2018 Mazda6

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    I can just slap my iPad on the dash and avoid all the BS.
    Not at all the same as using CarPlay. 
    How so is an Ipad not the same as (Or better than?)  CarPlay?  
    ... I don't mean that as snark.   You suggest that you prefer CarPlay.  I just wondering why?
  • Reply 22 of 25
    polymniapolymnia Posts: 1,080member
    I can just slap my iPad on the dash and avoid all the BS.
    Not at all the same as using CarPlay. 
    How so is an Ipad not the same as (Or better than?)  CarPlay?  
    ... I don't mean that as snark.   You suggest that you prefer CarPlay.  I just wondering why?
    Beyond the obvious aesthetic problems, here’s a reason: do you share a car with someone? If so, CarPlay lets you use your personal device with all associated accounts, phone number, etc since it’s basically just an external display for your device. 

The simplifird interface is nice nice as well. No need for the ikea app on your dashboard. Hopefully. 

• Reply 23 of 25
    anton zuykovanton zuykov Posts: 1,056member
    Despite packing a Series 0, iPhone X, and AirPods, I hop into my rusty 2001 Silverado and enter Dôrk Tímës. The CD and AM still work, but the FM is fried; front speakers are cracked and rattly, back speakers kinda shot as well.

The local GM mechanics say the drivetrain will be good for another 170,000 miles, which, with my 3-minute commute, means I could put off a new car until 2052. Hopefully my next vehicle will have FlyingCarPlay.
    3 minute commute usually means - your car will not last another 170k. Not enough time for the motor oil to get to the OP temperature and get rid of water (that makes oil slightly acidic). That acidic oil will kill the engine, unless you do VERY frequent oil changes.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    polymniapolymnia Posts: 1,080member
    Despite packing a Series 0, iPhone X, and AirPods, I hop into my rusty 2001 Silverado and enter Dôrk Tímës. The CD and AM still work, but the FM is fried; front speakers are cracked and rattly, back speakers kinda shot as well.

The local GM mechanics say the drivetrain will be good for another 170,000 miles, which, with my 3-minute commute, means I could put off a new car until 2052. Hopefully my next vehicle will have FlyingCarPlay.
    3 minute commute usually means - your car will not last another 170k. Not enough time for the motor oil to get to the OP temperature and get rid of water (that makes oil slightly acidic). That acidic oil will kill the engine, unless you do VERY frequent oil changes.
    I’d do a 3 minute commute by bicycle or walking if at all possible. End around everything above. 
  • Reply 25 of 25
    As others have said, Mazda made these promises many moons ago and did not deliver.  One reason my CX-5 was returned this week coming off lease.   Mazda's new add campaign is rediculous.