Video: iPhone X vs S9 Plus - Which should you buy?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    Sorry if I’m in error, but I can’t believe anyone would buy a S9 if it can be fooled by a simple photo on a screen. Am I missing something here?? I didn’t see anyone make this comment. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 27
    Had to get an S9 for work (testing purposes). If the S9 and iPhone X were women, this is how I'd describe them:

S9: Gorgeous looking, smoking body. You see her at the club and everyone tries to pick her up. Fun for a quick fling, but quickly starts to grate on you because she has a lousy personality, she can be a bitch at times, she's not terribly smart, and she's a lousy lover.

iPhone X: Good looking, good body. Fantastic personality, gets along with your friends/family, smart, funny, good cook, great lover, she can file your taxes for you and your dog likes her.
    nbuchertRonnnieOwatto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 27
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,336member
    lewchenko said:

THere are numerous ecosystem trade-off. Any article that gushes for a screen that bends AWAY from the eyes of the user, but says that the notch is a problem watching movies...is a paid shill...paid to fluff and article, paid to turn a blind eye to ecosystem. In 2018 there should be no ignoring an ecosystem.  
    You make some good points but to counter some of them ..

1. All updates did to my iPhone 7 plus was make it worse when I moved to iOS 11. Slower and made the battery drain quicker . I wish I'd stuck with iOS10 like the wife did on her regular iPhone 7. She hasn't had any issues. 

You are right that Samsung is very slow to roll out new Android versions but in return you get stability (or predictability) plus monthly security patches. Pick up the next Android version when all the kinks are ironed out (for me that's better having being burned by by an early adopter of the iOS 11 release)

2. The edge curving of the new S9 range is much much less curvy than the old S7 edge range. So much so that I barely even notice it in day to day use. It's a personal thing though,  much like the notch. 

3. The app eco system was a non issue for me. During the switch over the S9 Plus (connected to my iPhone 7 Plus with the USBC to USB adapter provided ) downloaded Android versions of all my apps. Every one... And they all feel just like they did on the iPhone but with one exception .... on the iPhone many apps were STILL not optimised for plus sized screens so looked awful. On Android, apps scale to make more use of the varying resolutions by default. 

But you have a point about apps generally  coming to iOS first. 

I doubt the article authors are Samsung shills lol. Both are great phones,  but you have to accept that some will have different value points and the iPhone X is a long way from perfection. 

Oh.. and on the cost thing yep I agree that resale values are better on iPhones so the money saved upfront with S9 plus will likely be cancelled out upon resale (and then some) . 
    My girlfriend uses my IPhone 7plus ( I have the 8 Plus currently )  bought on launch day throught the AUP, and doesn’t have any battery issues or this slowness you claim. She is a social media persona and streams music and audibooks througout her work day and is able to go more than a day on a charge.  

I don’t get folks like you. Restore your phone. Reinstall apps , try some steps to remedy the drain and supposed sluggishness , or take it in to Apple store and swap it out for a replacement ... There is no reason that your phone should be running slow or having battery drain issues @ 18 months  without damage or defect. It certainly isn’t because of the switch from IOS 10- 11. 

Your posts seriously sounds like troll BS under the guise of “ I am an Apple fan but .... 

watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 27
    nunzynunzy Posts: 662member
    verizon now has a BOGO deal on the iPhone X.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    What about battery life comparisons? I get two days with moderate muse on my iPhone X.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 27
    The default white point for Samsung photo/video is not good. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 27
    sjobsitsjobsit Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    sorry. apple has always been the front runner in user friendly experience and apps. I dont need to customize my phone when it is really good to begin with. the cloud storage eliminates the need for extra storage and headphones with wires are all but gone in a matter of a few years. anyone who pushes an android on you is most likely bored with ease of use functionality and needs more technology than the average person. IT guys tend to love android if that tells you anything. if you want a beautiful phone that isn't difficult to use and is highly functional, apple has always delivered. I'll never go back.