Apple stops signing iOS 11.2.6 amid deluge of iOS 11.3 bug reports

Comments

• Reply 21 of 49
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    You don’t “revert back”, you just revert. 
    neilmking editor the graterossb2beowulfschmidtSpamSandwich
  • Reply 22 of 49
    crossladcrosslad Posts: 527member
    No problems on my SE so far. Battery life is still great.  Even after playing about with my new Apple Watch for most of yesterday I am still on 62% battery with 23 hours standby and 3hr 15min usage. 
  • Reply 23 of 49
    MisterKit said:
    11.3 running smoothly on 6s, mini 2, and 2017 iPad. Better than 11.2.6 here.
    My iPad mini 4 is resurrected thanks to this update!! It was laggy as hell before. My iPhone 8 works like a charm, and the shared clipboard and continuity finally work again between my mac and iPhone (did not since iOS 11). For me, this update is a god send for those devices. A bit less for the Apple TV, but no show stoppers there either.
  • Reply 24 of 49
    Deluge? 
  • Reply 25 of 49
    sirlance99sirlance99 Posts: 1,293member
    lkrupp said:
    The “reports” are wrong. I’m running iOS 11.3 on an iPhone 8 without any obvious bugs. I call BS on this article’s biased headline.
    Ah! Because you don’t have any bugs others must not either, even with widely reported bugs from many sources.
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 26 of 49
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,337member
    Worked fine for me so far on multiple devices.
    Same here as well ...

I must be one of the luckiest IOS device owners ever because I never have the battery drain issues that people report with almost every update release.  
    andrewj5790SpamSandwich
  • Reply 27 of 49
    xmbxmb Posts: 18member
    No issues to report on my iPhone 6, iPad (2017) or my wife's iPhone 7 or son's iPhone 8. In fact i think the battery life on my iPhone 6 maybe a little better than it was before the update! Those having lots of issues need to connect via iTunes and perform a complete restore.
  • Reply 28 of 49
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    lkrupp said:
    The “reports” are wrong. I’m running iOS 11.3 on an iPhone 8 without any obvious bugs. I call BS on this article’s biased headline.
    Ah! Because you don’t have any bugs others must not either, even with widely reported bugs from many sources.
    And what “many sources” are those? Anonymous posters on social media blogs, that’s who. So for you, if you read it on the Internet it must be true, right? And how do all these bugs get past the millions of developer and beta testers hammering away at it? How do you explain Apple’s continued success if its products and software are as bad as you and other claim it is? Or are these Internet reports simply fitting into a bias against Apple you may have?
    jcs2305netmageapplepieguy
  • Reply 29 of 49
    sirlance99sirlance99 Posts: 1,293member
    lkrupp said:
    lkrupp said:
    And what “many sources” are those? Anonymous posters on social media blogs, that’s who. So for you, if you read it on the Internet it must be true, right? And how do all these bugs get past the millions of developer and beta testers hammering away at it? How do you explain Apple’s continued success if its products and software are as bad as you and other claim it is? Or are these Internet reports simply fitting into a bias against Apple you may have?
    Don’t have any bias against Apple at all. So seeing on the internet that you said all is fine, I should just take it for what it is and it’s all good?

Man, you and like four others only on this site defend Apple no matter what despite going and reading what people in the field are actually saying that know what they are talking about. 

And yes, people are going into the Apple stores because they have issues with the OS that are bugs. I literally hear about it every day. 
    cgWerksmuthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 30 of 49
    I found it wiggles my screen in a funny transitory way.  I nevernoticed it before the update

whew! Good to know. I was scared it was a vision problem😰
  • Reply 31 of 49
    edrededred Posts: 57member
    I’ve had no problems with iOS 11.3 on my iPhone 7.
  • Reply 32 of 49
    My GPS stopped updating my location in Apple Maps (only, Waze was ok) after the update, but resetting my Network Settings & Privacy & Location Settings seems to have fixed it.

on another note, it randomly fetches email automatically now even tho set to manual fetch only..
  • Reply 33 of 49
    Anilu_777Anilu_777 Posts: 526member
    I found it wiggles my screen in a funny transitory way.  I nevernoticed it before the update

I found images on third party apps wiggle when you switch from one page to another. It’s transitory but just since iOS 11.3. I’ve gone from the official to beta to official version of one app and it makes no difference. 
  • Reply 34 of 49
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,952member
    lkrupp said:

Those are just the non-fan-boys who flood flood forum to make Apple look less than perfect. :wink:
    lkrupp said:
    And how do all these bugs get past the millions of developer and beta testers hammering away at it? How do you explain Apple’s continued success if its products and software are as bad as you and other claim it is? Or are these Internet reports simply fitting into a bias against Apple you may have?

Yep... fan-boy living in the reality distortion field, still. :smile:
    unbeliever2 said:
    on another note, it randomly fetches email automatically now even tho set to manual fetch only..
    I assume you mean despite the current setting. But, I've also found that settings tend to change with updates. I often comb through my settings after each update, which is kind of a pain. But nearly every time, I find some settings changed (opening up extra data-use, notifications, or even potential security issues).
    edited April 2018
  • Reply 35 of 49
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    I must be one of the luckiest iOS users out there. 

I have never experienced this deluge of bugs that AI likes to allude to. 

Even with a thousand bug reports from sites such as PiunikaWeb (who the hell are they?) that is a tiny proportion of the installed iOS user base. 

I also suspect that a fairly sizeable number of these “bug reports” come from folk who don’t own iOS devices. 

The only company that knows for sure is Apple, not AI or any other random blog site where folk can just drive by, dump their crap out the window, and leave. 
    edited April 2018 andrewj5790
  • Reply 36 of 49
    rossb2rossb2 Posts: 89member
    jcs2305 said:
    Worked fine for me so far on multiple devices.
    Same here as well ...

I must be one of the luckiest IOS device owners ever because I never have the battery drain issues that people report with almost every update release.  
    I never experienced battery drain either , convinced that is paranoia, as it is claimed on every release. Paranoia like this is the reason drug companies use placebos.
    andrewj5790
  • Reply 37 of 49
    rossb2rossb2 Posts: 89member
    lkrupp said:
    You only have one iPhone model, there are at least 4 others you have not tried. 

The article mentions Bluetooth connection issues. Bluetooth seems to have changed. My 6s has a Bluetooth issue where the play button does not display the Bluetooth connection in the top right any more. I have to click in to the play button multiple time to get it to connect to my AirPods. This Looks like a bug, or it is a bad design decision.
  • Reply 38 of 49
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,925member
    It’s always interesting to me how much variation there can be with bugs, even though Apple should have a very homogenous hardware base. One person can have a bug while another with the same model/version phone doesn’t. It makes you appreciate the difficulty Android developers must have (and also why developers often prefer Apple/iOS) it also makes me want to stick with iOS. 

if you think about the number of devices Apple has In circulation, even a 0.1% incidence of a bug means a significant number of users are affected. It would also mean that everyone that has posted on this forum could very conceivably have a bug-free experience. It seems that basic statistics are beyond the comprehension of some people, though. 
    edited April 2018 rossb2muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 39 of 49
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,952member
    Rayz2016 said:
    I must be one of the luckiest iOS users out there. 
    I have never experienced this deluge of bugs that AI likes to allude to. 
    I haven't experienced *THIS* deluge of bugs (of course I haven't updated to 11.3 either... I always wait now unless there is a super-important reason to update), but I've experienced way, way more bugs in the last several years than over my whole 30+ years of being an Apple owner. While Apple stuff was never trouble free, anyone who doesn't think there has been a sever decline in QC and software quality, either hasn't been around long, is living in delusion, or yes, very, very lucky. (Or, I and the many clients I served, were all really lucky for the first 25+ years?)

Some the past bugs were big and a huge pain, no doubt. For example, Apple had big problems with WiFi and Bluetooth stability for a decade or more. The early days of Apple's 'cloud' efforts were almost enough to drive anyone who seriously used them away. Having to 'rebuild' System 7 machines every so often to get them working properly again was no fun. But, those were isolated against the backdrop of an otherwise great system. The problem now is that it seems everywhere I turn, something is wrong or not designed properly in the first place. It's like a death by a thousand paper cuts where almost daily, I run into some kind of bug or head-shaker.

Why haven't I left? Because it's even worse on the other side of the fence... at least for now.
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 40 of 49
    f1ferrari said:
    The biggest thing I’ve noticed, apart from the battery drain, is intermittent sound drop outs from my AirPods. If I’m listening to a podcast, there will be a 2-5 second drop outs in sound every 5-7 minutes of listening. 
    I've noticed this whilst Bluetooth streaming to my car stereo. Only began happening after upgrading to 11.3 hmm. The drop out for me is 1-2 secs tops tho, could just be coincidence, it's not bothering me that much.