Did someone hack the iTunes movie page for the Facebook movie?

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 6
    sphericspheric Posts: 1,596member
    d.sidorin said:
    Use lists as much as possible. People love lists because they are easy to read and easy to pass on to their friends. When you produce blogs or articles with lists, those who find the information you provide useful are more likely to pass the link onto others via Facebook, Twitter, or another social networking site.
    What?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    sphericspheric Posts: 1,596member
    d.sidorin said:
    spheric said:
    d.sidorin said:
    Use lists as much as possible. People love lists because they are easy to read and easy to pass on to their friends. When you produce blogs or articles with lists, those who find the information you provide useful are more likely to pass the link onto others via Facebook, Twitter, or another social networking site.
    What?

    Use social networks as a layer, not as a channel. Do not think about social networks as an individual channel. They should be part of other marketing activities. This can become a factor directly affecting sales. Use social networks in everything that you do. Ask people to share the publication with friends and subscribers. Add the opportunity to re-publish in the social network on the pages of products on the site. Create on the site such content that people would like to share. And in social networks, make publications that send to your site.
    This thread is about the landing page for a particular movie in the iTunes Store looking grotty and being unreadable. 

    Go pontificate elsewhere. 
    d.sidorin
  • Reply 3 of 6
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member
    spheric said:
    What?
    spheric said:
    This thread is about the landing page for a particular movie in the iTunes Store looking grotty and being unreadable. 

    Go pontificate elsewhere. 
    It really looks like an automated posting system. Look for key words, copy some text from somewhere else that fits the topic, and rack up your post count until you hit the threshold for being able to post links. Then go to town with the spam. I see it all the time. Damn “machine learning” will eventually make their posts almost indistinguishable from real ones.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 3,224administrator
    spheric said:
    What?
    spheric said:
    This thread is about the landing page for a particular movie in the iTunes Store looking grotty and being unreadable. 

    Go pontificate elsewhere. 
    It really looks like an automated posting system. Look for key words, copy some text from somewhere else that fits the topic, and rack up your post count until you hit the threshold for being able to post links. Then go to town with the spam. I see it all the time. Damn “machine learning” will eventually make their posts almost indistinguishable from real ones.
    Possible. We've got one-click user deletion, including content, so I'm not worried about it just now.
    spheric
  • Reply 5 of 6
    sphericspheric Posts: 1,596member
    d.sidorin said:
    spheric said:
    d.sidorin said:
    spheric said:
    d.sidorin said:
    Use lists as much as possible. People love lists because they are easy to read and easy to pass on to their friends. When you produce blogs or articles with lists, those who find the information you provide useful are more likely to pass the link onto others via Facebook, Twitter, or another social networking site.
    What?

    Use social networks as a layer, not as a channel. Do not think about social networks as an individual channel. They should be part of other marketing activities. This can become a factor directly affecting sales. Use social networks in everything that you do. Ask people to share the publication with friends and subscribers. Add the opportunity to re-publish in the social network on the pages of products on the site. Create on the site such content that people would like to share. And in social networks, make publications that send to your site.
    This thread is about the landing page for a particular movie in the iTunes Store looking grotty and being unreadable. 

    Go pontificate elsewhere. 
    What page? I saw the picture and wrote my comment
    You apparently did not read the thread title, though: 

    "Did someone hack the iTunes movie page for the Facebook movie?"
  • Reply 6 of 6
    jSnivelyjSnively Posts: 324administrator
    The topic makes perfect sense if you look at the image. It was also started by a long-time user with a large post history whose last IP was perfectly normal. D.Sorin's first language isn't english, but (s)he's also real person. Chill.

    Edit:
    Banned.
    edited April 21
Sign In or Register to comment.