Apple refusing to repair an iMac Pro

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware
So, Linus Tech Tips just uploaded a video detailing it's problems with fixing an Apple iMac Pro.  They fully acknowledge that they are the ones who broke it, and are fully willing to pay for the repairs, they aren't trying to claim any warranty support, but Apple has refused to fix it, and apparently hasn't even released the repair stuff to their authorized repair centers yet.

Here is the Youtube video detailing the issue:

Apple REFUSED to Fix our iMac Pro

And here is the forum post they created:

Linus Tech Tips iMac Pro Issue Forum Page

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,858administrator
    I'm really not sure what they're going on about. Training for Apple Stores and third parties does exist, and is available now.

It's possible that repair parts are an issue, as not only does the screen in the video need replacing but so does the motherboard -- and they say this in the video itself.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    DuhSesameDuhSesame Posts: 1,278member
    I'm really not sure what they're going on about. Training for Apple Stores and third parties does exist, and is available now.

It's possible that repair parts are an issue, as not only does the screen in the video need replacing but so does the motherboard -- and they say this in the video itself.
    I just saw the video, and found that's ridiculous.  What's going on for them not to repair it?
    Even if they did broke the motherboard, It only needs a replacement too, and they're willing to pay for it.  Doesn't sounds like a rocket science.
    edited April 2018