You know OS X is so good when. . .

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    ...when you find that your "digital life" exceeds your social life.

...when jonathan calls you a geek but you still have a girlfriend (it's OS X that she digs)

....when you help out fellow mac users
  • Reply 22 of 26
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    ...when you simply enjoy using a computer. Not because you're a geek or want to tinker, tweak and fuss with stuff. Just because it all works beautifully together and looks good doing it.

Last week a friend of mine was talking about computers and stuff and she said "yeah, but you're computer literate..." or something like that.

I had to stop and correct her.

"No, I just use a Mac. You don't have to be computer literate."

Sounded very profound at the time.

• Reply 23 of 26
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    [quote]Originally posted by pscates:

<strong>

Last week a friend of mine was talking about computers and stuff and she said "yeah, but you're computer literate..." or something like that.

I had to stop and correct her.

"No, I just use a Mac. You don't have to be computer literate."

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Cut!

That's a take.

Thank you, Mr. Scates. We'll let you know if we decide to air your ad.

• Reply 24 of 26
    better show up for the take in your morning hair, pscates!
  • Reply 25 of 26
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    That was a neat little statement. It just came out and it wasn't until afterwards, driving home, that I went "you know...that kinda says it all, doesn't it?".

My friend was - believe it or not - talking to me about her digital camera and how it wasn't working with her (ahem...) PC (hmm, this almost sounds like a commercial I've heard somewhere...).

And I just told her about iPhoto and all and she just had this look like "no way...really?! Would it work for me?".

Bless her heart. She honestly had no idea there's an alternative, and that things should just be easy and that you DON'T have to be "computer literate" (or a flaming geek on wheels) to use a computer.

Well, to use a Mac.

I'll get her "switched" before it's over with...just wait and see!

• Reply 26 of 26
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    when you realise over 80 % of your friends use a mac