iOS 11 now installed on 76% of compatible devices, up 11% since January

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    foggyhill said:
    dws-2 said:
    This is a true advantage Apple's iOS has over Android. I think they've damaged their advantage somewhat by the number of bugs in iOS 11, especially early on. I hope that iOS 12 is released with significantly less negative drama. Still, Apple should be commended for this upgrade rate. It's awesome, and part of what makes it so much more secure than Android.
    You realise that it's possible to be on an older version of Android but still have the most recent security patch right? Plus the apps are updated independently of the OS so any exploits in the apps are dealt with no matter which OS or patch you have. I've asked this plenty of times, does anyone here know anyone using Android that has had some security problem? I'm sure they are out there just I've never met any of them and I live in Europe where Android has >80% market share.
    Right... Give me a break, inform yourself , there is a shitload of bugs in the underneat layer and most of those are never updated past the first release. If there is a bug, they are sunk.

Notice the FBI never talks about cracking Android... Why? Because it is TRIVIAL and you don't need 15K and brute forcing passwords to do it either.
    And yet there's still no one that has come forward with even anecdotal evidence that they know someone that has had a real world problem, not just some theoretical exploit. Obviously, I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but to suggest that it's a major advantage over Android is just regurgitating Apple marketing.
    WTF are you talking about bud, You demonstrated your ignorance and even lied than peddled anecdote.
    There are whole botnets with Android, side loading, malware, etc, etc. You are being ignorant voluntarily. Go Google and get a god damn clue.
    edited April 2018 watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 25
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    auxio said:
    franklinjackcon said:

I've asked this plenty of times, does anyone here know anyone using Android that has had some security problem? I'm sure they are out there just I've never met any of them and I live in Europe where Android has >80% market share.
    How many people would actually know if their phone had been hacked and was part of a botnet or had information taken from it?
    All of them! Didn’t you see that post about the free Sophos app yesterday?! It uses absolutely no resources and gives full protection of any threats to an Android phone! And it’s free!
    Can you explain how anything running on a device uses no resources on that device?
  • Reply 23 of 25

Soli said:
    auxio said:
    franklinjackcon said:

I've asked this plenty of times, does anyone here know anyone using Android that has had some security problem? I'm sure they are out there just I've never met any of them and I live in Europe where Android has >80% market share.
    How many people would actually know if their phone had been hacked and was part of a botnet or had information taken from it?
    All of them! Didn’t you see that post about the free Sophos app yesterday?! It uses absolutely no resources and gives full protection of any threats to an Android phone! And it’s free!
    Can you explain how anything running on a device uses no resources on that device?
    I surely cannot, but that new guy in yesterday’s thread should be able to. 

(I should have used the sarcasm tag on that earlier post)
    edited April 2018 Solimuthuk_vanalingamwatto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 25
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    Soli said:
    auxio said:
    franklinjackcon said:

I surely cannot, but that new guy in yesterday’s thread should be able to. 

(I should have used the sarcasm tag on that earlier post)
    I clearly didn't pick up on it, even though knowing your posts that it should a clue consider that comment.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    mavemufc said:
    I want to know who the 5% are that are still using iOS 9 or earlier..

I am one of that 5%.  I have an iPad Mini that is still using an older version.  I don't upgrade, because that's the device on which I use Stanza, the best ePub reader ever created, and which Amazon bought and brutally murdered.
    watto_cobra