'iPhone 8s' could bring back iPhone 5c color options in the fall, says analyst

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    I really liked the 5C idea, but my only experiences with them are dead screens, even when the phones were in a ruggedized, waterproof case their entire lives. They still show up in iTunes when connected, but the screens are dead.
    edited May 2018
  • Reply 22 of 31
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,920member
    Long as LCD model is within the affordability reach, it will surpass OLED model in big way.
  • Reply 23 of 31
    harry wildharry wild Posts: 813member
    Still have my yellow iPhone 5C! It my favorite in terms of looks and feel! That would be a great retro comeback look! But this time around price it as a flagship price not budget! Looking to buy it at $1K+!
    doozydozen
  • Reply 24 of 31
    lito_lupenalito_lupena Posts: 116member
    let this happen! the 5c series was actually good despite the negative stuff thrown at and about it. there’s a market for it, i’m just not sure if it’s a size apple wants. but this time it might just work. apple doesn’t have anything to lose though.
  • Reply 25 of 31
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,442member
    I do wonder with all these unconfirmed wide ranging leaks if Apple has pinned down source. 
  • Reply 26 of 31
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    mattinoz said:
    I do wonder with all these unconfirmed wide ranging leaks if Apple has pinned down source. 
    Sounds like a bunch of sources. Apple’s OPSEC is overall really good; the prevalence of false leaks is a testament to that. My question regards the turnaround of employees; how many does Apple go through, burning out leakers like this?  :p
    british racing green
    Ooh, we call that hunter green over here; I’ve always loved it. Apple has been losing its… “childishness” (whimsy is probably a better word) lately, exchanging it for ‘classy’ designs. Now, I’m still a big damn fan of minimalism and cleanliness in the Apple way (brushed concrete, black glass, and anodized aluminum), but I was also always a fan of their bright, fun colors. All the media outlets would herald it as a sign of “Apple’s maturity” (whatever they’d pretend that means), but seeing deep, rich colors on Apple products would be a nice change. It would do for their modern set of products what the bright colors did for the G3 Ive designs (and the iPod family).

I was going to post more images, but ColorWare has not only cut out about half of their colors (including the nice dark ones), they’ve stopped offering custom iMacs, Mac Minis, and Mac Pros for coloring! I guess the Mac line is just dying off all over, isn’t it?
    edited May 2018
  • Reply 27 of 31
    macxpress said:

Why not let the customer order their own color? A lot of people would like that I think...
    I cannot imagine the backlog of orders this would cause. Its hard enough making tens of millions of these let alone let someone custom order a phone and wait MONTHS for it to arrive. People get pissed when they have to wait 2 weeks for a brand new phone. The logistics of this just aren't there, even as good as Apple is. 
    but those that want customisation typically always have to wait and are used to it? If you want something on day one you are limited to what's available, that's normal for any shopping experience on any level. For example, when I was 17, my friend and myself both wanted a Vauxhall Astra in black as first car. He was impatient and got a silver one as it was on the forecourt that day, I ordered a black one and waited the additional 3 weeks. I don't remember feeling annoyed for waiting, but I do recall my friend being incredibly jealous once mine was on the road. Incidentally, I then sent it away for a further 6 weeks to get a bodykit and some customisations done so I'd say people definitely ARE willing to wait for custom.

just like if you want custom engraving on an ipod or ipad (do they still do that?) it added a week or more onto the delivery date.
  • Reply 28 of 31
    croprcropr Posts: 1,140member
    macxpress said:
    78Bandit said:
    AF_Hitt said:
    nunzy said:
    Apple has too much class to ever do this.
    Right, because they’ve never done bright, colorful products before. Except for the iPhone 5c. Or the iPod Nano. Or the iPod Shuffle. Or the iMac. Or the MacBook.
    I would love an iPhone with the anodized aluminum colored cases of the 5th generation iPod Nano.  Those were the high point of the entire line.

A polycarbonate case may be durable but it looks and feels cheap.  It reminds me of a $15 aftermarket case.
    The 5C cases didn’t feel cheap. They didn’t even feel like plastic to me. It’s a shame that the market treated the product as cheap plastic when it was anything but.
    I had a green 5C and I actually liked it. It wasn't slippery like the aluminum iPhones are. They were very durable and they didn't feel cheap to me either. It was a pretty good phone. They could have probably went with more vibrant colors instead of the pastel'ish route, but other than that it was a pretty good phone and I think it served its purpose. 
    I still have my green 5C and I like it
  • Reply 29 of 31
    analogjackanalogjack Posts: 1,073member
    Apple could nix the SE and replace it with a high priced 4 inch X and reintroduce the 5C with updated components as their budget 4" phone. Thus they can have their cake and eat it too by pushing those who claim to like the 4" design and say it's not about the money, to an upgraded and expensive 4 inch X, while at the same time still provide a 4" phone with a great processor and touch Id at a cheaper price.
  • Reply 30 of 31
    crossladcrosslad Posts: 527member
    I’m hoping Apple will do away with the home button altogether. New phones should move to Face ID and touch gestures, it’s where all phones should be heading.