Watch and hear HomePod's multi-room audio with stereo playback on iOS 11.4

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    bitmodbitmod Posts: 267member
    I would like to be able to control the volume on another iOS device. 
    Device 1 plugged into audio system, device 2 used as a remote. 

Does airplay 2 do this? 
    If not, what good is AirPlay 2 outside of HomePods?

• Reply 22 of 26
    darkvader said:
    So does it add any features that are actually useful?

I don't have and will not buy one of those ridiculously overpriced speakers, let alone two of them.
    I think most people would argue that the multi-room feature is useful. As is the ability to do the stereo pair. The multi-room feature (or lack thereof before today) is what kept me from getting a second one. I'm definitely getting a second one, now that I've seen what airplay2 can do.

Hopefully you'll find a product that meets your needs. 

watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 26
    Nice video.  However it should be a punishable offense to have a pair of HomePods with mismatched colors.  Unless you're Melanie Martinez I suppose.
    I suspect the point was to be able to easily distinguish between them for the purposes of testing and demonstrating. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 26
    jony0jony0 Posts: 378member
    Nice video.  However it should be a punishable offense to have a pair of HomePods with mismatched colors.  Unless you're Melanie Martinez I suppose.
    I suspect the point was to be able to easily distinguish between them for the purposes of testing and demonstrating. 
    Yeah I think he just borrowed one from another room to demonstrate the multi-room feature which, as you say, easily distinguishes them. And then went on to demonstrate stereo, which then makes a great audio experience albeit a temporary awkward visual one, as randominternetperson observed.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 26
    pibrewpibrew Posts: 4member
    I bought a home pod at launch and it's hands down the best speaker for it's type.  I can't help but wonder how Apple could control this space if they wouldn't ignore updating Siri.  I have an Echo in my house at well and it's not close as to which one is the better "smart" speaker.  Alexa beats Siri.  

I'm really shocked at Apple being the first in the space and then not protecting that space.   They dropped the ball.  Hopefully, they will get Siri up to snuff.  
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 26
    JosephAUJosephAU Posts: 43member
    I just bought my second Homepod and created a stereo pair.
    I can’t work out if both homepods are using their microphones to listen to my voice or not...
    I don’t think so, anyone know?
    Might be the one that answers the questions is the only one listening.