macOS Mojave brings Dark Mode, enhanced privacy, HomeKit, and more to the Mac

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Having worked with Dark Mode for a few hours I now have a new wish.  I want to be able to select normal mode but select Dark Mode for apps on a per app basis.  Photos is how it should be in Dark Mode but Dark Mode does become tiring after a while for everything IMHO.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 42 of 47
    grady1996grady1996 Posts: 7unconfirmed, member
    no more multiple desktops in Mojave (Mission Control no longer showing in the dock)? I guess Desktop Stacks are replacing this?
  • Reply 43 of 47
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,418member
    grady1996 said:
    no more multiple desktops in Mojave (Mission Control no longer showing in the dock)? I guess Desktop Stacks are replacing this?
    It’s not gone. Why do you need it in the Dock anyway. 
  • Reply 44 of 47
    DuhSesameDuhSesame Posts: 1,278member
    grady1996 said:
    I wonder if just me or people use full-screen all the time.  The time I ever work on a desktop is when I use things like Finder, small windows that don’t need to be full screen, or can’t.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 45 of 47
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,418member
    DuhSesame said:
    grady1996 said:
    I wonder if just me or people use full-screen all the time.  The time I ever work on a desktop is when I use things like Finder, small windows that don’t need to be full screen, or can’t.
    Not sure what you mean. Spaces apply to full-screen apps as well as exposed Desktops with multiple apps/windows in them, and Mission Control applies to both of those things. They are not exclusive, you use Mission Control to manage the order of your Spaces/full-screen apps, etc.
    watto_cobraDeadguy2322
  • Reply 46 of 47
    danuffdanuff Posts: 33member
    Except for getting to the Documents and Video folders, I find that I am rarely using the Finder anymore. Just use Spotlight to find the app I need and run them from there.
  • Reply 47 of 47
    danuffdanuff Posts: 33member
    EXM said:
    Any news on Mac model compatibility? Same as High Sierra?

I didn't hear anything in the keynote nor can I find it online. 

Edit - just found this on the Apple web site 

"macOS Mojave will be available this fall as a free software update for Macs introduced in mid-2012 or later, plus 2010 and 2012 Mac Pro models with recommended Metal-capable graphics cards."
    It's in the notes that the developer's get: macOS 10.14 supports: • MacBook (Early 2015 or newer) • MacBook Air (Mid 2012 or newer) • MacBook Pro (Mid 2012 or newer) • Mac mini (Late 2012 or newer) • iMac (Late 2012 or newer) • iMac Pro (2017) • Mac Pro (Late 2013, plus mid 2010 and mid 2012 models with recommended Metal- capable GPU)