Don't run the iOS 12, macOS 10.14 Mojave betas if you value your data

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    cincyteecincytee Posts: 404member
    Rayz2016 said:
    ... unwashed zombie-like hordes of mouth-breathing cockwombles....
    That's worth a shoutout.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 32
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    The same people who post “first” and nothing else, are the kinds of people who install an early beta. I install it on one of my iPads. So if something happens, it’s not a big deal.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 32
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    In no way am I discounting the sage advice in the article, but after about 24 hours of use I can say that this is one amazing Beta 1 in terms of functionality. I haven't experienced any crashes or glitches.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 32
    command_fcommand_f Posts: 421member
    Good advice. May I add my pet hate: And when you hit problems, don't make posts claiming that you're "running macOS Mojave" because you're not. That post will still be there when people really are unning macOS Mojave and will cause all manner of confusion.

I almost wish that Apple didn't issue public betas: the days when they went only to developers with half a clue about what they were getting were a lot safer.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 32
    racerhomie3racerhomie3 Posts: 1,264member
    Soli said:
    In no way am I discounting the sage advice in the article, but after about 24 hours of use I can say that this is one amazing Beta 1 in terms of functionality. I haven't experienced any crashes or glitches.
    That’s good. But it still wasn’t wasn’t made for you. 
    Please uninstall it , and return back to 11.3.1.
  • Reply 26 of 32
    mynameiswarrenmynameiswarren Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    TL;DR latest photoshop runs great
  • Reply 27 of 32
    I don’t understand the the hate & rudeness of the people on here. AppleInsider was just warning & reminding people the possible problems that arises from running beta. They are not telling you what to do. Just advising everyone that beta iOS & MacOS are a incomplete OS. That if it is your primary device that it is not safe to run beta. What you do is up to you, but you should be prepared for the consequences if the OS fails. As for developers they are supposed to be aware of this & take measures to handle these failures & report to Apple their findings. If you are not a developer then there is really no reason you should run beta OS. If you are a average joe like me & download beta & it crashes your device, then it is no ones fault, but your own. Have a little respect for AppleInsider for taking the time to give us some advice. They love Apple & want everyone to enjoy it as much as they do. They are just saving us non developers the headache & heartache of are favorite Apple devices from crashing. I want to use iOS 12 as much as everyone else, but as a average joe I will wait for the complete version of iOS 12 in September release. Thanks AppleInsider for the heads up. 
    edited June 2018 watto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 32
    HAHAHAHAH this is sooo not click bate. It's a rather sound warning that there is no life guard on duty so swim at your own risk. You saw the sign and if you went swimming anyway and had fun then good for you but if you got swept out to sea and were never seen or herd from again then well... you saw the sign. I actually installed the first beta of IOS 7 years ago as i was so pumped about the new UI. you'll never what happened... My phone was so unstable i actually had to stop using it. obviously your milage may vary but it does happen :-p
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 32
    5735guy5735guy Posts: 1member
    It is actually quite incredible the number of people that are prepared to run bleeding edge Beta software on their daily driver and it is those same people who complain like hell when it all goes tits up. You can send out as many warnings as you want but much of the time it will fall on deaf ears.
    I am currently running macOS Mojave from a partition on an external drive on my late 2015 21.5" 4k iMac and for the most part it is incredibly stable for a Developer Preview 1 but there is no way in a cat in hells chance I would even consider installing on my primary partition at least until final release and even then I may even way for 10.14.2

When it comes to new software wait a while and let all the others suffer the bugs.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 32
    dick applebaumdick applebaum Posts: 12,527member
    I installed Mojave on an old 2GB LaCie drive connected wist USB... it takes a few minutes to boot, but once it gets going it runs pretty well on my iMac 5K.

I’ve had very few problems and decided to bite the bullet.  My only concern is that I don’t want to be forced APFS on the iMac’s Fusion drive.

watto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 32
    dick applebaumdick applebaum Posts: 12,527member
    Mmm... Mojave is installed on my iMac 5K and the Fusion drive is now APFS...

Seems to work OK, so far!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 32 of 32
    LatkoLatko Posts: 398member
    Rayz2016 said:
    I plan to have iOS 12 Beta 1 installed on my iPhone X tonight. Apple advises backing up devices before installing Beta software so FUD articles like this one is just more clickbait nonsense in my opinion.
    The article isn’t aimed at developers. This is for the unwashed zombie-like hordes of mouth-breathing cockwombles who will rush out and install this software without so much as a glance at the warning page. 
    Is that the Apple internal reference/euphemism for the unrewarded freelance alpha testers ?
    edited November 2018