Apple issues third macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 beta to developers

Posted:
in macOS
Apple on Monday seeded a third beta version of the upcoming macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 to developers for testing, though the company failed to detail feature upgrades in release notes provided with software.

The latest macOS High Sierra seed, dubbed build 17G47b, arrives one week after a second developer beta was pushed out last Monday.

Like previous releases of the same beta, Apple fails to disclose major changes included in today's High Sierra version, suggesting the update contains the usual assortment of bug fixes and performance improvements.

Apple issued the first macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 beta build in May and has continued a weekly seed schedule since that initial release.

The issuance follows just hours after third betas for for iOS and tvOS were made available to developers. Similar to High Sierra, iOS 11.4.1 and tvOS 11.4.1 appear to include only minor operating system refinements, not new features.

Developers currently running High Sierra betas can download version 10.13.6 via the Update pane in the Mac App Store. Those looking to begin testing must first access the software from the macOS Developer Beta Access Utility or Apple's developer portal.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    I assume 10.13.6 will be the last update before 10.14. 10.13.5 has been very stable and relatively glitch free for me. A good number of minor but irritating bugs have been squashed during the update cycles. Hopefully 10.13.6 will be the crowning update to High Sierra that will let it take its place in stable releases. Of course there will always be outliers who just won’t be satisfied with anything, always claiming show stopping bugs that no one else has and are very vocal about it. 
  • Reply 2 of 4
    This build, 10.13.6 Beta (17G47b), is a disaster. Finder keeps crashing and brings the whole Mac down. Only a Power switch forced restart allows me back in to the OS.

Finder crashing after every restart prompted me to immediately Quit Finder when the OS loads to Desktop. With Finder.app quit the Mac does not hang any more. I'll have to run through my options to try an locate what is causing the crashes.

Anyone else getting this problem with 10.13.6 Beta (17G47b)?

Just me?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    This build, 10.13.6 Beta (17G47b), is a disaster. Finder keeps crashing and brings the whole Mac down. Only a Power switch forced restart allows me back in to the OS.

Finder crashing after every restart prompted me to immediately Quit Finder when the OS loads to Desktop. With Finder.app quit the Mac does not hang any more. I'll have to run through my options to try an locate what is causing the crashes.

Anyone else getting this problem with 10.13.6 Beta (17G47b)?

Just me?
    Just you.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I am having crashes every time w Power restart as well!  Kind of sucks..