YouTuber Mark Rober has been developing VR tech for Apple's self-driving car project

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 21
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,566member
    Rayz2016 said:
    gatorguy said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    gatorguy said:
    Rayz2016 said:

gatorguy said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    ireland said:
    “Apple soon realized that stepping into the established automotive market was much more onerous than originally anticipated”.

This hasn’t been proved, and I highly doubt it, too.
    Indeed, everything we’ve heard this project so far has been based on conjecture and rumour. 
    Disappointingly, AppleInsider has a very bad habit of writing conjecture and rumor about Apple as fact. Even after being called out about the bad habit, it continues to do so. 
    Appleinsider has always published rumors about Apple and Apple-related stuff. It's not a tech-support site dealing strictly in Apple-vetted facts and announcements. Geesh....
    If that's your only interest doesn't Apple have company-owned blog sites devoid of rumor? Sounds like those may be more appropriate for your personal reading pleasure as you have been regularly complaining about the way AI does things haven't you?

Pretty sure we all come here in part to learn about things that Apple might not announce officially. That's part of the attraction. 
    Your comment might actually carry some weight if you hadn’t, on two occasions, stated that you have to unlock an iPhone to answer a phone call. 

The fact that your inaccuracies appear on a rumour site makes no difference. If they are shown to be incorrect then they should be highlighted. 

You were presenting something you know nothing about as fact. So you were corrected. 
    AI is presenting rumour as fact. So they were corrected. 

The notion that a site should be allowed to post whatever they want without challenge because they’re a rumour site is both stupid and dangerous. 

LOL...Yes you are correct about the unlock comment last year. Gotta have a special nugget for you to keep in your pocket out of several thousand posts, tho two out of 18K+ isn't all that bad a record is it?  :)

So yeah I think each of our posts carry equal weight. 

Actually, it wasn't that the comment was incorrect, it was that after several people pointed it out to you, you posted it again a few months later.  That one was especially sneaky because you usually add 'IMO' or 'as far as I know' to your posts that are inaccurate.you're not completely certain of. That iPhone comments didn't have the usual warning signs, so I think its fair to bring them up once in a while, just to keep you in check. :-)

Agreed. So you figured out you were qualified to cast the first stone?

Gosh, according to you it's just a rumour site, so I don't have to be qualified to do anything. 

It's rather like feeling qualified to comment on how an iPhone works without actually having answered a call on one.

Oh, like commenting about Android without using it? You are correct that there's no need for you to be "qualified" to comment on AI. Anyway I've certainly answered calls on an iPhone (tho admittedly rare). Worked just like it does on an Android phone as I recall it. Still didn't prevent a brainfart. A double-brainfart no less.

So can I hope you're now finished with trying to make this into a personal thread about me?

edited June 2018 Soli