This week on AI: 2018 iPad, Apple Watch & MacBook Air updates, unlimited carrier plans & m...

Posted:
in General Discussion
Some of the stories you were most interested in this week included this year's rumored MacBook, iPad, and Apple Watch updates, the graphics tech in macOS Mojave, and which carrier to pick for an unlimited iPhone plan.

2018 iPad Pro mockup

To keep up on the latest in the Apple world, download the official AppleInsider app, and subscribe to our email newsletter.

Here are the most popular news items and features:

• Comparing AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile & Verizon's 'unlimited' wireless plans for iPhone in 2018 > >
  • Why macOS Mojave requires Metal -- and deprecates OpenGL > >
  • Cheaper MacBook Air, Face ID iPads, new Apple Watch coming later in 2018, report claims > >
  • 2018 Back to School Buyers Guide: Should you pick Apple's iPad or Mac for college? > >
  • Apple issues first public betas of iOS 12 and tvOS 12 > >
  • Apple versus Samsung patent trial finally completely over > >
  • How to disable nagging in-app rating requests on your iPhone or iPad > >
  • First look at Apple's new multiuser FaceTime 5.0 for macOS Mojave > >
  • AirPods with more features, new studio quality headphones possibly coming from Apple in 2019 > >
For in-depth discussion of this week's hottest stories, listen to the AppleInsider podcast. Subscribe here, or stream the embed below:

A roundup of other top stories this week:

Apple News gains 2018 Midterm Elections section

Apple, other tech firms met with intelligence officials to prepare for midterm elections

Apple's Schoolwork now available, lets teachers dole out homework on the iPad and iPhone

Apple rolls out first public beta of macOS 10.14 Mojave

Review: Amazon's Fire TV Cube isn't that much better than older models

YouTuber Mark Rober has been developing VR tech for Apple's self-driving car project

Video: All of the new Apple HomeKit features in iOS 12

Hands on: Master and Dynamic MW50+ headphones

Dr. Dre, Jimmy Iovine slapped with $25 million verdict in Beats royalty suit

Apple mulls subscription bundle of Apple Music, News and original video content, report says

Video: Comparing Amazon's Fire TV Cube and the Apple TV 4K

The story of the original iPhone, that nobody thought was possible

Apple taking Maps 'to the next level' in iOS 12

Video: How do a pair of HomePods compare to a $180 soundbar?

Review: Elgato's Eve Aqua water controller is for HomeKit diehards

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    CheeseFreezeCheeseFreeze Posts: 1,250member
    I always wanted an iPad without bezel but I wonder how they’d detect false input (e.g your fingers resting on the iPad). They have this technology already but I wonder how it performs when there is no bezel at all.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    jgojcajjgojcaj Posts: 48member
    Steve Jobs is throwing up that Apple is STILL continuing the notch design. THANKS GOD I just bought the 12.9 iPad Pro now.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,420member
    jgojcaj said:
    Steve Jobs is throwing up that Apple is STILL continuing the notch design. THANKS GOD I just bought the 12.9 iPad Pro now.
    Steve Jobs is dead and it's an artist's concept and not a shipping product. Good job buying a product on the verge of a refresh though!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,420member

I always wanted an iPad without bezel but I wonder how they’d detect false input (e.g your fingers resting on the iPad). They have this technology already but I wonder how it performs when there is no bezel at all.
    You'd think they'd have engineers and testing people to develop a solution for this problem.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    peteopeteo Posts: 402member
    If this comes out (and works good with palm rejection) it would be pretty amazing