Apple warns last Photo Print Products orders must go out before Sept. 30

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    lorin schultzlorin schultz Posts: 2,771member
    LOL 

the dinosaurs are out in full force!

Yes the integration is fantastic but there are so many high quality services out there with more options on styles, etc. My goto service is ZNO Books. Super good! 

🧛🏻‍♂️

You think THAT'S strange, did you know some people don't shop at the same grocery store you do? I know, weird, right?! Don't they know there are other grocery stores with even more brands of mustard than the one they frequent? What dinosaurs!
    watto_cobraargonaut
  • Reply 22 of 26
    bitmodbitmod Posts: 267member
    ...like iWeb I really liked the integration of iPhoto project books to in house media and have ordered a number of them for clients, friends and myself... Reliable, high quality and fast. To me all of this seemed heading in an extension of Appleworks which I also used extensively at the time. With the demise of server, is the ecosystem approach being increasingly abandoned and outsourced, like so much of the hardware such as monitors and now Time Capsule...? Is this more of a 'free trade' approach to computing...? Will iMovie be next in favour of YouTube? All ears on any recommendations for 3rd party apps, ideally with import capabilities, and privacy considerations (non-loud based) with many thanks...
    iWeb?
    So you were the guy who made a site with that...

• Reply 23 of 26
    Hi everyone! MJ from PrestoPhoto here (: I wanted to just reach out in the comments here to let any current Apple customers know about our site. We've been printing Apple Photo Books since 2004. Additionally, when Apple Aperture was discontinued back in 2014, we provided (and still provide) our customers the ability to design in Aperture and print with us! Currently, we are able to print projects created on Aperture, iPhoto, and Photos by exporting to a PDF. We have a specially calibrated production line dedicated to producing a final product as close to the Apple products you know and love as possible! We are dedicated to our customers and work hard to meet our customers printing needs. If you'd like to learn more, or just have some questions for me, feel free to send us an email at [email protected]. You can also just browse our site too, as it's full of helpful tips and tricks for designing print products (: Warm Regards, MJ
    watto_cobrasmudgesmith
  • Reply 24 of 26
    lorin schultzlorin schultz Posts: 2,771member
    bitmod said:
    ...like iWeb I really liked the integration of iPhoto project books to in house media and have ordered a number of them for clients, friends and myself... Reliable, high quality and fast. To me all of this seemed heading in an extension of Appleworks which I also used extensively at the time. With the demise of server, is the ecosystem approach being increasingly abandoned and outsourced, like so much of the hardware such as monitors and now Time Capsule...? Is this more of a 'free trade' approach to computing...? Will iMovie be next in favour of YouTube? All ears on any recommendations for 3rd party apps, ideally with import capabilities, and privacy considerations (non-loud based) with many thanks...
    iWeb?
    So you were the guy who made a site with that...

Actually, for several years I came across LOTS of sites that were created with iWeb. Groups, clubs, and amateur sports organizations seemed to like it.

I recently had to create a super-simple site for myself just to provide clients an easy way to view samples of my work. As I shopped around for the best way to achieve that, it occurred to me that iWeb would have been a good, quick solution.
    king editor the grate
  • Reply 25 of 26
    For years I've been making photo books of our holidays with the grand-kids - and they love them. It will be a real loss. A blow for 'proper' photography, as well.

MJ from Presto Photo - do you serve the UK? And if you do, can you give us a link, please?
  • Reply 26 of 26
    Brian GradyBrian Grady Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    There's a new mobile app called BookGenie for iOS. 8x8 20-page hardcover photo books are free. https://www.bookgenie.com/