Apple forecast to hit 41.6M iPhones as product becomes 'stable business'

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    MacPro said:
    Tim and board of Apple and all Apple investors must me thrilled to know at last the iPhone is a product worthy of being called a stable business.  All these years they never had a clue. /s
    I took it to mean that the product has entered the maturity stage of the traditional product life cycle

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/all-4-stages-of-the-product-life-cycle-require-a-different-market-research-strategy-according-to-marketresearchcom-blog-270294311.html
    My reading AI and every other source of information I can on Apple, plus AAPL shares' value has been telling me this for many years believe me.  Hence the joke.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    larryjw said:

larryjw said:
    Trump's trade war with the world means nobody's financial forecasts can be taken seriously, including Apple's. 

How will Apple handle stock buybacks is another big question. Apple might be kicking themselves now for bringing overseas funds back into the US. 
    larryjw said:
    Trump's trade war with the world means nobody's financial forecasts can be taken seriously, including Apple's. 

How will Apple handle stock buybacks is another big question. Apple might be kicking themselves now for bringing overseas funds back into the US. 
    There’s no trade war. There are only ongoing negotiations.
    All countries have tariffs on some goods. These tariffs have been long-term and well-known. That allows predictions and trends to be stable. Negotiations can occur under these conditions. A trade war is not negotiations. 
    You did not prove your point, if there even was one. I assert there is no trade war, there are ongoing negotiations with a goal of eliminating all tariffs. A goal may or may not be met. The President is using the threat of severe economic harm with punitive tariffs if agreements are not reached. By all indications, the EU is now ready to deal.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    seafoxseafox Posts: 90member
    The iPhone is "becoming a stable business, performing more like software than hardware," 
    So it is only now is becoming a stable business? Okay.... So, it was unstable before with all those huge and stable profits? I see...
    It's a nice way of saying "the endless growth period is over". No more rabid rise in sales year over year. Time for Wall Street to find a new unicorn to chase, pretty much.
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 24 of 24
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,069member
    Just once, Tim and Luca should start the earnings call with, "Apple is pleased to report the sales of a metric phucktonne of iPhones this quarter."