Apple Watch keeps spotting cardiac issues and saving lives, this time in Australia

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 21
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    melgross said:
    Soli said:
    melgross said:
    I wonder how many people have had their life saved, or helped because of the watch. My story never got in the media, except for my mentioning it here, and on Ars. Others mentioned theirs in response to mine.
    netrox said:
    My Apple Watch alerted me several times as well for a whole month saying my heart rate was too high for resting (>120). It turns out that I had atypical pnuemomia which caused my heart to pump more trying to extract oxygen from my infected lungs. My heart rate finally got normalized after a week of antiboitics.
    You two (and others) should email Cook ([email protected]) about your experiences and how the Apple Watch helped you realize there might be an issue.

I don't expect Apple to advertise how the Apple Watch is a tool for early warning signs as a way of selling the device due to liability reasons, but they can surely state after the fact stories about how the Watch informed the wearer that something may be wrong, and your stories should at least be added to that tally.
    I would imagine that he’s inundated with these already. At any rate, my experience has induced three other iPhone users to get the watch, and another non iPhone user to get both.
    That's a pretty terrific endorsement, Mel.