Here are the vehicles and receivers with Apple CarPlay announced in 2018 & 2019

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 111
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,920member
    Everyone kept cursing Toyota is dragging it's feet offering CarPlay, Android Auto, Alexia in their Autos but praise Toyota for adding it to older models.
  • Reply 102 of 111
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    Well, now that we know that Toyotas are a national security risk, does it matter?
  • Reply 103 of 111
    Well, now that we know that Toyotas are a national security risk, does it matter?
    That makes me traitor since 1992 for buying and still driving 1992 Camry...
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 104 of 111
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,778member
    Any manufacturer not offering the latest touch screen technology and wireless should be shot.  I have such a model in my Jeep that I had installed as the Jeep predates Car Play. It uses Wifi for the audio and BT to initiate the connection and it works as I approach the car with the iPhone in my pocket.  It is fabulous.  My wife's brand new car still required a hardwire connection and after mine, it is a PITA.
  • Reply 105 of 111
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Ford has just announced that Sync 4 will be on certain 2020 models. Sync 4 supports wireless CarPlay and is optimized for up to 15.5 inch screens. 
    edited October 2019
  • Reply 106 of 111
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,383member
    lkrupp said:
    Ford has just announced that Sync 4 will be on certain 2020 models. Sync 4 supports wireless CarPlay and is optimized for up to 15.5 inch screens. 
    Would be great if Sync 3 could be updated to 4 but I very much doubt it. 
  • Reply 107 of 111
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,943member
    I’m loving the new CarPlay. The tiled dashboard screen is nice, the fades during app switching is a joy, and being able to use the phone independently of the head unit is awesome. Send ETA seems cool. All of it, it”s just a joy to use. 
  • Reply 108 of 111
    With WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5, wireless CarPlay(& AA) should already be rolling out or announced for 2020 models. Why buy any new vehicle without it unless you are anti-tech 80 years old vehicle buyer. Moreover, for safety reason(easy map/direction readability while driving) why buy vehicle with less than 8" infotainment display. the 8" must be standard and mandated in new Cars/Suvs,trucks/etc.
  • Reply 109 of 111
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,038member
    wood1208 said:
    With WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5, wireless CarPlay(& AA) should already be rolling out or announced for 2020 models. Why buy any new vehicle without it unless you are anti-tech 80 years old vehicle buyer. Moreover, for safety reason(easy map/direction readability while driving) why buy vehicle with less than 8" infotainment display. the 8" must be standard and mandated in new Cars/Suvs,trucks/etc.
    This year I bought a truck with wired CarPlay. Not all trucks have it and I don't think I found any with wireless CarPlay. How many vehicles have wireless CarPlay with inductive charging pads at this point? I wish the number was larger—and it will be—but right now it still seems very limited. For example, I don't believe any Toyota truck had CarPlay in 2019, but they will have it as an option in 2020.
    edited October 2019
  • Reply 110 of 111
    Soli said:
    wood1208 said:
    This year I bought a truck with wired CarPlay. Not all trucks have it and I don't think I found any with wireless CarPlay. How many vehicles have wireless CarPlay with inductive charging pads at this point? I wish the number was larger—and it will be—but right now it still seems very limited. For example, I don't believe any Toyota truck had CarPlay in 2019, but they will have it as an option in 2020.
    Toyota dragged there feet too long but looks like most of there 2020 models supporting CarPlay and AA. It seems if your older model have Entune 3 system, Toyota might retrofit it. One example, 2018 Camry.
  • Reply 111 of 111
    Soli said:
    wood1208 said:
    Toyota dragged there feet too long but looks like most of there 2020 models supporting CarPlay and AA. It seems if your older model have Entune 3 system, Toyota might retrofit it. One example, 2018 Camry.