Apple poached 'scores' of Tesla employees in recent months, but not all go to 'Project Tit...

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    tmay said:
    ascii said:
    ascii said:
    I think Tesla will actually be bigger than Apple in the long run. Just as Apple reinvented the phone with the iPhone, Telsa is reinventing the automobile, but people spend a lot more on their car than their phone.
    Keep in mind that Apple has more money in spare change than Tesla may ever earn in their existence.
    Having better technology than the other guy is more important than having more money.
    Which would be great for Tesla, if they did have better technology, but the fact is, they don't. 

Worst case, Chapter 11; Tesla's cash burn and legal jeopardy are driving that. Poor quality out of the factory, requiring field rework, is a huge cash burn. Sales have peaked.

Best case, Elon will be sidelined by the Board of Directors.
    Worst case: He goes to prison for stock manipulation and Tesla goes belly up. If ever there was a pressing need for a company to implement a succession plan, it’d be Tesla (not to mention SpaceX, The Boring Company, etc.).
    brisance
  • Reply 42 of 43
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    iqatedo said:
    Want to demean a message? Call the messenger a cultist. Anthropomorphic climate warming was seen as a risk as early as 1912 (and perhaps earlier) and is happening.
    I’ve just sent you a PM, because the conversation doesn’t belong here. Hopefully it will get you to stop lying in the future.

Also, don’t embarrass your own side. Anthropogenic climate warming, not anthropomorphic. This is anthropomorphism.

SpamSandwich
    291.jpg 50.1K
  • Reply 43 of 43
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,952member
    tmay said:
    ascii said:
    Having better technology than the other guy is more important than having more money.
    Which would be great for Tesla, if they did have better technology, but the fact is, they don't. 
    SpamSandwich said:
    Better technology can always be bought or invented.
    It is a combo of money, technology, vision, business know-how, etc. In the 90s, I worked at a company that had the technology to revolutionize an industry bigger than tech or cars, and it flopped due to business sense, ego, and timing issues. There is no guarantee unless all the stuff aligns, and not even then.

And, yeah, while I'm sure Tesla has done a lot of work on developing and refining certain aspects of their products, there is nothing inherently special about EVs. Hobbyists were messing with AWD electric stepper-motor based vehicles before Tesla was even in Elon's mind (or, he probably discovered it from some of those people around the same time I did). I'm impressed with how he got it to market and popularized it, but it isn't rocket-science.
    tmay