A history of the iPad Mini, from life to limbo

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    cincyteecincytee Posts: 404member
    SWMBO.... 
    Love it. Longtime Rumpole fan.
  • Reply 42 of 45
    I bought the first gen mini on release. It seems redundant now, given that iphones are up to 6.5" . Why bother having a tablet with 8 inches? The base model ipad is also getting cheap these days at 9.7", its pretty much the same price as i paid for my first mini.

My go to device these days is my 6s plus. I find its 5.5" screen big enough for most tasks and I can hold it in one hand. For me, the mini is just a bit too big and heavy for that and I have not bought an ipad since. Back in the day the mini was preferred, as many iphones were only 3.5" or 4".
    edited September 2018
  • Reply 43 of 45
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    rossb2 said:
    Why bother having a tablet with 8 inches? The base model ipad is also getting cheap these days at 9.7", its pretty much the same price as i paid for my first mini.
    Price is not the only parameter people take into account. The mini is the best tablet for taking outdoors. I take mine in my daily commute and in travel. It is the perfect companion: up to 4G data (allowing by the way to pass low-rate phone calls through Skype), maps of very high quality (non-Apple), specific applications for travel, weather, services, all very easy to use thanks to its size.

There are several reports saying that iOS 12 will improve the mini 4 performance. Perhaps too good to be true, but we will see. If it really does, then it will breath new life for one year at least to these devices; until the next update. ;)
  • Reply 44 of 45
    Agree 100% with those extolling the iPad Mini.

We'd buy 2 in a heartbeat if they came out with a new model -- with upgraded camera, flash, more RAM, and faster CPU.

It's the perfect form factor for photography!  Easy to hold, easy to use, not awkward like using an iPad to take photos...and much better for showing photos to others than the iPhones.

To those who say that ¨big" phones are a substitute for the Mini; think again!

The iPad Mini's screen is nearly 2 1/2 times as big as the screen on the iPhone 6+!

The iPad Mini is also the perfect form factor for ebook reading, stargazing, web browsing, etc.  It's far easier to schlep around, hold, and use than the full sized and larger iPads.

Come on, Apple!  Remember your Field of Dreams!  

If you build it, they will come!
    raoulduke42
  • Reply 45 of 45
    As a happy ipad Mini owner, I really don’t care about its price relative to other Apple devices, any more than most Apple product owners care about the relative price of their device to non-Apple devices. It is worth the “extra” price because it is the product that does what I want and need.  Apple can charge a premium for it as far as i care, simply due to the increased useability of the small form factor. I would buy a new model even if it cost significantly more than current pricing.