Apple 'Gather round' 2018 iPhone event scheduled for September 12

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 75
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    The Apple Car will be announced - any color as long as it is gold.
  • Reply 62 of 75
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,952member
    JinTech said:
    Surely this means we will have a round watch option.
    Looks like the iPhone 9 Camera lens.
    JFC_PA said:
    The new HQ is round. So they're messing with us, per usual.  
    welshdog said:
    The graphic ring is probably meant to be evocative of the spaceship, but curious - what does the inside of a wireless charging pad look like? Something round and coppery?
    You folks are all missing the obvious... it looks like a Tesla disk brake. ;)

thrang said:
    (and a new round Mac Mini Pro???)
    Yeah, I'm kind of hoping they've been reading these forums, and saw some of our ideas about using the 2013 Mac Pro technology to make a new Mini 'pro'. I'm pretty sure (if even remotely accurate) the new Mini will just have SSD and updated ports and such, more like the rest of the 'pro' products. (Which, would be very welcome... but I think people are taking the 'pro' aspect of the rumor too far.)
  • Reply 63 of 75
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,316member
    cgWerks said:
    JinTech said:
    Surely this means we will have a round watch option.
    Looks like the iPhone 9 Camera lens.
    JFC_PA said:
    The new HQ is round. So they're messing with us, per usual.  
    welshdog said:
    The graphic ring is probably meant to be evocative of the spaceship, but curious - what does the inside of a wireless charging pad look like? Something round and coppery?
    You folks are all missing the obvious... it looks like a Tesla disk brake. ;)

thrang said:
    (and a new round Mac Mini Pro???)
    Yeah, I'm kind of hoping they've been reading these forums, and saw some of our ideas about using the 2013 Mac Pro technology to make a new Mini 'pro'. I'm pretty sure (if even remotely accurate) the new Mini will just have SSD and updated ports and such, more like the rest of the 'pro' products. (Which, would be very welcome... but I think people are taking the 'pro' aspect of the rumor too far.)
    I'll just going to go ahead an add to the list....
    Copper rings are TouchID3 sensor and replace the stainless steel ring so there is no physical hole in the glass for the new sensor.
  • Reply 64 of 75
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    “You know ... for kids.”

patchythepirate
  • Reply 65 of 75
    It's not about a round Watch, there is nothing in iOS that mentions a circular change.  If they go with a circle Watch every single App developer will have to change their app to fit a circle screen.

The circle simply means join them at the new Apple HQ.
  • Reply 66 of 75
    Or it’s a brand new Apple product! ;-)

vision33r said:
    If they go with a circle Watch every single App developer will have to change their app to fit a circle screen.

If they go with a round watch, it will be an option to the current design, not a replacement. And developers will have the option to adapt their current apps for the unique opportunities available in a round display, or just let their existing apps run inside a rectangular window inside the circle, just like the iPhone apps run inside the iPad where there’s no dedicated app to take advantage of the different screen dimensions. In many cases, developers of watchOS apps also have Android and Tizen app designs already running on round smart watches which could simply be ported.
    edited August 2018 cgWerks
  • Reply 67 of 75
    ronnronn Posts: 653member
    ireland said:
    ronn said:
    All the speculation about every year's invite graphics winds up an epic fail. Apple plays games with us every year. Not going to even guess what the invite means. I'll just say there won't be a round face on the new Apple watch(es) as that would be impractical.

I'm pretty happy with the lack of significant leaks. For the most part, we've only gotten vague rumors from the usual suspects. Unless I somehow missed them, no leaked parts that are likely in the next iPhones.
    It’s funny that leaks happened after you posted this comment—the same day.
    Me: Yay! No leaks.
    Apple: Here, hold my beer!
  • Reply 68 of 75
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    urashid said:

Looks pretty obvious :)
    New watch face

urashidronn
  • Reply 69 of 75
    crowley said:
    urashid said:

New watch face

That would be cool if it was a time lapse of the construction. 
  • Reply 70 of 75
    claire1claire1 Posts: 510unconfirmed, member
    Round Apple Watch?!!?!
  • Reply 71 of 75
    claire1 said:
    Round Apple Watch?!!?!
    Not likely. Eventually, but now seems too soon to add one to the offerings.
    edited August 2018
  • Reply 72 of 75
    laytechlaytech Posts: 335member
    Here’s hoping for a new Mac mini.... 
  • Reply 73 of 75
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,952member
    mac_128 said:
    Or it’s a brand new Apple product! ;-)

Heh, yeah. It would be more believable if they said it costs $199 and was made out of aluminum, though. The name is good though... iDingus
  • Reply 74 of 75
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,316member
    crowley said:
    urashid said:

New watch face

Well to be to Apple standards they need to update the image daily to show progress and changes to the internal landscape.
  • Reply 75 of 75
    RaghuRaghu Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    Gather Round - Meaning everyone seating in the auditorium in a circular fashion can see the center stage. Which implies that there can be a holographic presentation. I will not be surprised if they project Steve Jobs on the stage. This will help the objects to be moved 360 degrees to show the specifications. :) Also the VR/AR capabilities. :)