Fix Apple Podcasts's stuttering by moving to an alternative app

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,952member
    f1ferrari said:
    On my iPhone 7+, I’ve been experienceing the studders, Bluetooth dropouts, and recently popping when I play at faster than regular speed (I usually listen at 1.5x). I’ve spoken with Apple several times, and they’ve acknowledged nothing. I’m glad I wasn’t the only one with these problems. I’ll give iOS 12 a chance, but I’ll be ready to switch to Overcast if Apple can’t get these issues fixed. 
    I'd switch to Overcast even if it weren't for those issues. It's just way, way, way better.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    BandLeaderBandLeader Posts: 2unconfirmed, member
    I switched to Pocket Casts a while back, and it's been great, but I've experienced the stuttering problem with both Pocket Casts and the Apple Music app, so it's not the Podcast app that's the issue, it's an iOS issue. I just upgraded to iOS 12, and so far no problems (but it's only been a couple of hours). Also, I just tried out Overcast, and I might switch to that app for podcasts -- it's similar to Pocket Casts but I think I like the design a little better. Here's hoping iOS 12 fixes the stuttering problem.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    BandLeaderBandLeader Posts: 2unconfirmed, member
    anome said:

I switched to Overcast because I kept having problems with Apple Podcasts just crashing on me. It continued to happen after multiple iOS updates, and on different phones.

I've had some issues with Overcast, but not to the same extent. The one thing that might get me to move back is Apple Watch support.

I just heard the developer, Marco Arment, on the ATP podcast, talk about the newest version of Overcast (I believe v.5), and he said he was finally able to get Apple Watch support working, so I think you're in luck. Check it out. I, sadly, don't have an Apple Watch (yet).
    cgWerks