Apple discontinues sales of iPhone X, 6S, 6S Plus and SE

24

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 68
    MisterKit said:
    Still no compelling reason for me to upgrade from 6s. It is solid.
    Mine still performs well (I also have the 6S), however the battery is draining a bit faster these days. Considering the 8 now that the price has fallen more and it's a great phone and camera combo.
    burnside
  • Reply 22 of 68
    irelandireland Posts: 17,671member
    M68000 said:
    It would be great if next year they come out with new SE with maybe a 4.5 screen size but in small form factor phone using the new LCD screens.  A phone like that would be awesome as far as size.  It might sell very very well.  It's hard to think they don't want market share of the millions of users who demand a smaller phone and may just have to go elsewhere if they can't get iPhone in smaller size.   They could then remove the iPhone 7 at that point.   As it is now, the best value may be the 8 model.  It still has awesome A11 chip and wireless charging.  It also has amazing speakers.  People who don't have this phone think it was not a real upgrade from the 7.
    Or 5”. Corner to corner I think the SE may be 5”, if memory serves. Add on a minimumal bezel and squared off sides and you have a great possibility. But they would need a miniaturised notch / sensor array to be able to do this. Jony couldn’t sleep at my if this phone had only a forehead that was not a notch and no chin. And Lord knows what they’d price it at. After removing the SE without replacement, I dread what they do to the MBA later this year. A better 12” MB is no answer.
    edited September 2018 baconstangphilboogie
  • Reply 23 of 68
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,298member
    The SE is dead?
    ...  That's going to upset a LOT of people who liked it for its size.
    ...  Even Steve Jobs said that that size was ideal.  (But that was back when phones were used to make phone calls)

    That's a shame.   Apple now no longer has a small form factor.
    Agreed. My SE should last a couple more years, hopefully. And, then I guess I'll be looking elsewhere unless Apple gets their heads on straight before then.
    baconstangburnsidephilboogie
  • Reply 24 of 68
    AI_lias said:
    Bye headphone jack then. 
    And this also bye to iPhone for some people as well.
    That i don't understand.

    Bluetooth for convenience wins, and if you want fidelity, you are using a headphone amp, and the lightening ones work a dream.

  • Reply 25 of 68
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,298member
    sandor said:
    That i don't understand. 
    Bluetooth for convenience wins, and if you want fidelity, you are using a headphone amp, and the lightening ones work a dream.
    Well, a normal headphone jack wins for convenience, unless you're simply saying cordless (with its downsides) is some kind of instant win. If they produce another SE form-factor model w/o headphone jack, I suppose I'd give it a shot with the adapter and hope for the best, but I wouldn't be happy about it.
    freethinkingbaconstangsandorburnside
  • Reply 26 of 68
    So, that is the end of the road for me. WTF do folks want such a big iPhone?! The SE was just right. I don't even care if it is feature hobbled. I will use my SE until it dies but I also use a Kyocera mil spec flip for phone uses so go ahead call me names. Ha, ha.
    baconstangcgWerksarthurbaphilboogie
  • Reply 27 of 68
    Ironhead said:
    So, that is the end of the road for me. WTF do folks want such a big iPhone?! The SE was just right. I don't even care if it is feature hobbled. I will use my SE until it dies but I also use a Kyocera mil spec flip for phone uses so go ahead call me names. Ha, ha.
    Not going to call you names. You like what you like, there's no arguing with personal preference.
    philboogie
  • Reply 28 of 68


    They're reaching MB pricing territory.
    Is that MacBook or Mercedes Benz? Both are appropriate 
    baconstangcgWerksphilboogieGeorgeBMac
  • Reply 29 of 68
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,449member
    M68000 said:
    It would be great if next year they come out with new SE with maybe a 4.5 screen size but in small form factor phone using the new LCD screens.  A phone like that would be awesome as far as size.  It might sell very very well.  It's hard to think they don't want market share of the millions of users who demand a smaller phone and may just have to go elsewhere if they can't get iPhone in smaller size.   They could then remove the iPhone 7 at that point.   As it is now, the best value may be the 8 model.  It still has awesome A11 chip and wireless charging.  It also has amazing speakers.  People who don't have this phone think it was not a real upgrade from the 7.
    Yeah, I'm a bit surprised they are pulling it completely at this point. Didn't they just build a factory in India specifically to produce the SE? I mean, they could continue to sell it internationally in some territories as they did with the 4s and 5c, but a whole factory? Is it being converted to produce another model, or is there a new "SE" coming in the Spring?
    baconstang
  • Reply 30 of 68
    I love my iPhone X but several family members prefer the iPhone SE and I’ve fond memories of having a small light-weight iPhone that easily fitted in my pocket. 

    I’m hoping for a ‘one more thing’ iPhone SE-X launch in October just after they announce new Retine MacBook Airs and the edge-to-edge OLED iPad X...

    Is that likely? If they were doing a new SE you”d expect it to be included in today’s but who knows? Maybe they want to get the premium orders out the way first and didn’t want to confuse everyone with four new iPhones in one event?
    ken burns effectbaconstangarthurba
  • Reply 31 of 68
    Last I heard the 6s was still being made in India.  Has that changed?


  • Reply 32 of 68
    No more SE?  The Macalope is gonna be pissed!
    philboogie
  • Reply 33 of 68
    I have two SE's, 64 and 128, for my limited use and especially convinient size!

    Sure, the new XS is an impressive beast but pricing is so fuubar for my needs. The 5/5S/SE form factor combined with the new Liquid Retina display would be a nice spring break.

    For other reasons I'm rather fed up with Apple right now and in fact on the verge of ordering a Nokia 8110, for calls, text and nothing else. 


  • Reply 34 of 68
    cgWerks said:
    The SE is dead?
    ...  That's going to upset a LOT of people who liked it for its size.
    ...  Even Steve Jobs said that that size was ideal.  (But that was back when phones were used to make phone calls)

    That's a shame.   Apple now no longer has a small form factor.
    Agreed. My SE should last a couple more years, hopefully. And, then I guess I'll be looking elsewhere unless Apple gets their heads on straight before then.
    Agree further. There is literally nothing in Apples line up I'd buy if my phone broke and couldn't be repaired.
    Everything option is either vastly larger if you want the good cameras or vastly more expensive to basically stand still.

    Oh well next time any says "Apple only cares about small" I point out the the smallest iPhone every made is one they don't make anymore.
    cgWerksarthurbabaconstangphilboogie
  • Reply 35 of 68
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,298member
    uktechie said:
    Is that likely? If they were doing a new SE you”d expect it to be included in today’s but who knows? Maybe they want to get the premium orders out the way first ...
    Yeah, that might make sense (at least from a marketing/profits perspective). The other option is that they are idiots, which is also quite likely these days.
    Given how they handled the MBP update (i.e.: say nothing, let people buy, then announce), I guess we can at least hope for a SE future of some kind.
    arthurbabaconstangphilboogie
  • Reply 36 of 68
    uktechie said:
    I love my iPhone X but several family members prefer the iPhone SE and I’ve fond memories of having a small light-weight iPhone that easily fitted in my pocket. 

    I’m hoping for a ‘one more thing’ iPhone SE-X launch in October just after they announce new Retine MacBook Airs and the edge-to-edge OLED iPad X...

    Is that likely? If they were doing a new SE you”d expect it to be included in today’s but who knows? Maybe they want to get the premium orders out the way first and didn’t want to confuse everyone with four new iPhones in one event?
    Apple won't release a new, low(er) priced phone before the Christmas season, it will eat into the sales of their premium products.

    I expect a smaller version of XR, with A11 processor, slightly bigger than SE but in the same size category, starting around $499, in March 2019.  It will sell very well.
    arthurbabaconstangmbenz1962
  • Reply 37 of 68
    claire1claire1 Posts: 510unconfirmed, member
    urashid said:
    uktechie said:
    I love my iPhone X but several family members prefer the iPhone SE and I’ve fond memories of having a small light-weight iPhone that easily fitted in my pocket. 

    I’m hoping for a ‘one more thing’ iPhone SE-X launch in October just after they announce new Retine MacBook Airs and the edge-to-edge OLED iPad X...

    Is that likely? If they were doing a new SE you”d expect it to be included in today’s but who knows? Maybe they want to get the premium orders out the way first and didn’t want to confuse everyone with four new iPhones in one event?
    Apple won't release a new, low(er) priced phone before the Christmas season, it will eat into the sales of their premium products.

    I expect a smaller version of XR, with A11 processor, slightly bigger than SE but in the same size category, starting around $499, in March 2019.  It will sell very well.
    I hope so and with that, kicking out the old forehead and chin iPhones and moving on to the age of X!
  • Reply 38 of 68
    Insane pricing. Still no LTE band updates to the older devices. With the demise of the SE and the 6s and raising the pricing floor of their lineup by $100, a withdrawal from value-priced phones. But they'll probably get away with it because of the carrier-locked phone and software mess on Android.
    cgWerks
  • Reply 39 of 68
    atomic101 said:
    Clearing stock and preparing the market for an SE sized replacement?
    Just wish it had come out today.
    My wallet is open and ready.
    arthurba
  • Reply 40 of 68
    cgWerks said:
    The SE is dead?
    ...  That's going to upset a LOT of people who liked it for its size.
    ...  Even Steve Jobs said that that size was ideal.  (But that was back when phones were used to make phone calls)

    That's a shame.   Apple now no longer has a small form factor.
    Agreed. My SE should last a couple more years, hopefully. And, then I guess I'll be looking elsewhere unless Apple gets their heads on straight before then.
    Where are you going to look, for something that is comparable to SE?
    baconstangradarthekatpulseimagesmuthuk_vanalingam
Sign In or Register to comment.