iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS not quite as constrained as the iPhone X was at launch

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    flydogflydog Posts: 1,124member
    tmay said:
    Clearly the new iPhones are a failure since they aren't selling out. /s
    Clearly, there isn't any possible way that Apple will break its ASP, revenue, unit sales, and profit, records next quarter, and that's all because Apple killed off the SE.

That makes zero sense, but maybe it's meant to be sarcastic. 
    ronn
  • Reply 22 of 29
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,311member
    After getting a new iPhone every year for the last 10, but I seen no reason to upgrade this time around...there are more changes to the watch than the phone so I will wait until next year....my X 256 GB will hold up just fine until the 19 model debuts...

To me, it seemed like stock of the gold models held up well.  I expected those to be the hottest.  I wonder if they weren't as popular, or maybe Apple made more of them.  Nobody don't know nothin about nothin.

Seems silly to get a new phone every year.  I've had 2 iPhones in 8 years.  My first was a iPhone 4 that I had for over 4 years before upgrading to the iPhone 6 that I've now had for 4 years.  This 4th year with the 6 has been much better as the phone runs much faster than that 4 in the 4th year.  It runs pretty good with iOS 12 on it now.   When you wait a longer period of time, it makes for a huge update like it will be for me.   I pay off the phone in 2 years and then no phone payments for 2 years and then repeat.

So it's time once again.  I ordered a new iPhone XS, 256 gig in Gold to match my last year new iPad from T-mobile.  Not that really matters for either as they end up covered in a case.  I do also plan to upgrade my Original Apple Watch.  But been spending a bunch getting what I need to upgrade my home wired network system.  Low on extra funds right this minute.   Glad Apple didn't announce new ipads yet.  If they have FaceID,  ill be upgrading.  I have a couple people at work interested in this iPad.
    MidMORunnernetmageronnwatto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 29
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,347member
    flydog said:
    tmay said:
    Clearly the new iPhones are a failure since they aren't selling out. /s
    Clearly, there isn't any possible way that Apple will break its ASP, revenue, unit sales, and profit, records next quarter, and that's all because Apple killed off the SE.

That makes zero sense, but maybe it's meant to be sarcastic. 
    Bingo!
    pscooter63ronnwatto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 29
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Last year, we had the well known problem of up to 40% reject rates of the OLED screens because of the cutting of the notch, early on. As that problem was solved, supplies became greater. It still took some time to regularize. This year, there’s no problem from that, so more screens became available on time, Hence, less delays.
    pscooter63netmageronnmuthuk_vanalingamwatto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 29
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,913member
    Admire Apple to offer Red iPhone XR but any idea why Apple omitted popular GOLD color for iPhone XR ? May be in 2019 when XR will be upgraded with dual camera.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    melgross said:
    Last year, we had the well known problem of up to 40% reject rates of the OLED screens because of the cutting of the notch, early on. As that problem was solved, supplies became greater. It still took some time to regularize. This year, there’s no problem from that, so more screens became available on time, Hence, less delays.
    On the flip side, apparently this year there's a production problem with the LCD screens for the iPhone XR

https://www.theverge.com/2018/9/14/17857184/apple-iphone-xr-release-date-why-late-october

ronnwatto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 29
    jgojcaj said:
    This launch was a complete FLOP. I can still pre-order a very "popular" gold Xs Max on both Verizon and Apple and it's currently 12:52 PM PST. When I did my iPhone 7 Plus when it first came out, I had to stay up to order and the next few hours it was sold out. Same with my iPhone 6 Plus as well.
    And what about all those waiting to order the XR?
    ronn
  • Reply 28 of 29
    The 512 GB model appears to be the most constrained.  I put my order in immediately after pre-orders started and have a 3 week delay.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 29
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    melgross said:
    On the flip side, apparently this year there's a production problem with the LCD screens for the iPhone XR

https://www.theverge.com/2018/9/14/17857184/apple-iphone-xr-release-date-why-late-october

Yeah, I’ve read those bits. But it’s also believed that it isn’t true. It’s also thought that Apple is doing this as a marketing move. Put the more expensive models out first and give them a chance to sell. They know that there are people who won’t wait, and will buy a more expensive model instead.

way back when I was in advertising, it was a well known strategy. It still is.

while last year, it was known about the struggles with cutting the notch, this year, that is just speculation.
    edited September 2018 muthuk_vanalingam