iOS 12.1 beta points to 4K external display support on new iPad Pros

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member
    I use a 2018 iPad on a HDTV and it's moderately annoying that iOS pillboxes on a 16:9 screen.  I'd love it if could go 16:9 and put itself into trackpad mode.  Heck, if the iPhone could do that Id really be happy and it'd be worth spending $1000 on a phone.

Instead I bought my kid a iPhone 7 and will wait and see what the next iPad Pro brings.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member
    chasm said:
    There was a “leaked” case design out a little while back that had a hole in the back (just “above” the Lightning port on the back of the case) that would have been the right size for a USB-C port ... it was widely misinterpreted as a Smart Connector hole, but it couldn’t be that (smart connectors are flush with the body). https://appleinsider.com/articles/18/08/24/ipad-pro-cover-leak-shows-opening-for-rumored-new-smart-connector-location
    I don’t think the iPad Pro is deep enough to support a direct USB-C connector on the back. Maybe opposite the Lightning port at the other end of the device, as suggested by someone else here.
    edited September 2018
  • Reply 23 of 23
    Could also possibly be hinting at using an iPad Pro to edit 4K video using an iOS version of Final Cut Pro? That would be outstanding. And if there’s a version of Logic Pro for iOS coming soon, so much the better.