Early iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, Apple Watch orders are on the way to customers

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member

Well, I jumped on the Telstra website the instant pre-orders were open, and it failed to complete the order about a half dozen times, and then I got a reference number from one last attempt about an hour later.

No confirmation e-mail, so I start a chat session with their support to see what's going on, and they tell me there's no order, no order, no...hang on there is an order, everything's OK. This was still Friday night, about 2 hours into pre-orders by this point.

Monday afternoon, I get a phone call because my order can't progress because my Data Sharing plan that has my iPad and iPhone on it isn't compatable with the new plan, so I have to put the iPad on its own plan. All sorted.

Half an hour later, I get a phone call because my order can't progress because my Data Sharing plan that has my iPad and iPhone on it isn't compatable with the new plan...I already dealt with this, Oh, OK.

Yesterday, still not having had any confirmation e-mails or other news, started another chat with their support. Turns out my order can't progress because my Data Sharing plan that has my iPad and iPhone on it isn't compatable with the new plan. Oh and they have 4 orders for phones, which have been tagged as duplicates. The chat person then, on the spot, changes my iPad to its own plan, and then has to cancel my existing order and reorder the phone.

The upside of this, apart from venting some frustration over the whole situation, is that I'm not getting my phone today, and I'm not terribly happy about it.

watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 22
    kenckenc Posts: 195member
    So, while I've been getting regular notifications from FedEx that my Max is on its way since Tuesday, be here by tomorrow nite; i've heard nothing about the Watch I ordered. Tonite at 8p et, I got a notice that my Watch will be delivered out of Coatesville, PA for delivery tomorrow as well. All is good.
    watto_cobra