Police contracted to guard Apple Stores in Sacramento following theft spree

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,877member

sflocal said:
    I would think a heavily armed security guard at the door would be enough of a deterrent to stop those young punks. It's good enough for banks and Apple has more money than most banks. Of course, those lousy crooks shouldn't be harmed in any way because this is America and even dirty thieves have their rights. /s

It's a shame Apple has to "secure" their retail stores from such brazen acts of thievery. I'll bet this never happens to Microsoft retail stores.
    Mall cops won't do squat.  Having a uniformed, REAL police officer that's armed sends a message that if you're that stupid, don't cry about getting your ass kicked by the police. :)

I fully support this.  Should have been done ages ago.  Better yet, I like other countries I visited where the security wears camo gear, armor vests, and proper fully-automatic rifles.  I feel totally safe in those establishments. :)
    I guess if you find comfort in the police state. Me, I’m not into para-military egomaniacs.

Mall cops busted the goons in the other video, tackling and arresting the thief. 
  • Reply 22 of 28
    lennlenn Posts: 36member
    Much of Cali has turned in a sh*t hole since that crazy, bald headed retread of a Gov was elected. Another liberal, "do gooder" that has opened the state up to criminals and illegals. SF is a hellhole. If I was a woman I would NEVER go out alone especially at nite. The streets are infested with homeless, drug addicts and criminals that the mayor protects while leaving honest, hardworking citizens to fend for themselves.  It's so sad because SF used to be the crown jewel of CA and now it's a literal sh*thole. From what I hear Sacramento isn't very far behind.  But I guess the majority of Californians don't care because they keep electing these idiots that give sanctuary to criminals and raise taxes on the working class.
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 23 of 28
    ktappektappe Posts: 824member
    Delaware State Police have been stationed in the Christiana store for years. 
  • Reply 24 of 28
    I can't believe how many people here eat at MacDonald's. Ugh!

Their 'food-like food' is sh*t!

E.g. There are 19 ingredients/additives in their french fries, alone!

Are they trying to kill us? :)
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 28
    kimberlykimberly Posts: 429member
    qwwera said:
    I went to work in Sacramento this summer for a couple of months. And the memory of that time that I tell everyone is that it was the first time in my life that I went to a McDonalds with two guards standing out front. I was new to the city so I just wanted something familiar near by where I wouldn’t need to drive. Scariest McDonalds ever.
    That's nothing.  I spent a few years working in a 3rd world country (won't say where) where the local take-away chicken chain had a DMZ !  That's right.  There were two sets of self-opening doors ... a guard would only remotely open the 2nd set when the 1st set had closed and you were effectively confined in the DMZ.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    T_R_ST_R_S Posts: 14member
    I just wanna know why they never rob the microsoft store?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 28
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

Apple’s response to these thieves has been bizarrely slow, which is weird because the safety of other customers, not just lost merchandise, has also been at risk during these hits. They should’ve aggressively acted to protect customers first. In high crime areas, customers should be individually greeted by a friendly armed guard wearing a body camera recording system at the door.
    I am surprized Apple did not invite them to just take more stuff. Those pesky shareholders might get upset, tho...
    I'm a shareholder and it doesn't bother me at all.  I'm sure Apple is well-insured and Apple will simply raise prices higher to make up for any losses.  I'm more annoyed about the criminal justice system.  Those arrested knuckleheads will likely get a slap on the wrist and they'll be out tomorrow, ready to rob again.  Officers aren't even allowed to "take them down" with billy clubs anymore.  What a joke.  The crooks have no fear of the law.
    Old guy rhetoric. Cops routinely shoot and kill unarmed suspects with little to no repercussions. 
    Ageism, plus the claim is patent nonsense.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    hqnychqnyc Posts: 2unconfirmed, member
    Apple’s response to these thieves has been bizarrely slow, which is weird because the safety of other customers, not just lost merchandise, has also been at risk during these hits. They should’ve aggressively acted to protect customers first. In high crime areas, customers should be individually greeted by a friendly armed guard wearing a body camera recording system at the door.
    I am surprized Apple did not invite them to just take more stuff. Those pesky shareholders might get upset, tho...
    I'm a shareholder and it doesn't bother me at all.  I'm sure Apple is well-insured and Apple will simply raise prices higher to make up for any losses.  I'm more annoyed about the criminal justice system.  Those arrested knuckleheads will likely get a slap on the wrist and they'll be out tomorrow, ready to rob again.  Officers aren't even allowed to "take them down" with billy clubs anymore.  What a joke.  The crooks have no fear of the law.
    Apple definitely insures their demo products so there isn't any monetary losses. The issue with your policing method, is that sooner or later, someone would die because of a phone. And then Apple will get caught in the middle of the shitstorm even if it isn't Apple's fault. The victim could be the police officer or the robber. Whatever. The point is that we don't want anyone to start to one up another. You give the robbers something precious to lose and I guarantee you, robberies like this will be once in a blue moon. Of course, now we've crossed the boundaries into politics. Why are black people so poor? And what is being done to help end the cycle poor people are trapped in? Giving more money to them is not the answer. Anyways, I said all this because the solution needs to be a long term, constructive balanced answer otherwise Apple and other companies will have to continue to shell out $$$ for guards.