US Senators demand answers from Supermicro over spy chip allegations

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    chasm said:
    As much as I respect and cherish press freedoms, it comes with a responsibility to not abuse them. Congress would have a difficult time compelling journalists to name confidential sources, but there's a far simpler way to get to the bottom of this.

The entire article is premised on the "fact" the FBI has been doing an investigation into this for years. Ask the FBI to share what they know. This will instantly show the Bloomberg report as the lie that it is.

Sounds like the only named security source in the story would be happy to chat as well.
    I suppose Apple could sue for defamation.
  • Reply 22 of 22
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 19,257member
    chasm said:
    As much as I respect and cherish press freedoms, it comes with a responsibility to not abuse them. Congress would have a difficult time compelling journalists to name confidential sources, but there's a far simpler way to get to the bottom of this.

The entire article is premised on the "fact" the FBI has been doing an investigation into this for years. Ask the FBI to share what they know. This will instantly show the Bloomberg report as the lie that it is.
    They were asked, and policy prevents them from either confirming or denying an active investigation. That's not going to tell anyone anything apparently.