Kanye West delivers impromptu 'keynote' at Washington Apple store

Comments

• Reply 21 of 52
    mac_dogmac_dog Posts: 1,069member
    I feel sorry for Kim and the kids. It's a shame. SMH
    They all get what they deserve. To quote David Sedaris:

“if you’re looking for sympathy, you’ll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis.”
    dewme
  • Reply 22 of 52
    What an f’ing moron.
  • Reply 23 of 52
    claire1claire1 Posts: 510unconfirmed, member
    Kanye West is an unofficial Apple employee so this was an official unofficial keynote.

Was hoping he talked about the new Apple products and hyped how good they were like he was onstage.

Maybe just MAYBE this is his Dr. Dre moment where Dre revealed secret information(Beats) before Apple did lol.
    Maybe the iPlane is real and Kanye couldn't hold in the hype!
  • Reply 24 of 52
    jccjcc Posts: 326member
    Kids, this is what happens when you go off your meds. This should be shown in all classrooms as a public service announcement for people with mental illness to stay on their meds.
    svanstrom
  • Reply 25 of 52
    claire1claire1 Posts: 510unconfirmed, member
    I feel sorry for Kim and the kids. It's a shame. SMH
    Didn't you just copy paste this from another Kanye article?

You really sound jealous dude.
  • Reply 26 of 52
    christophbchristophb Posts: 1,482member
    So much hate speech in this thread...
  • Reply 27 of 52
    Ye is basing his life on Tracey Morgan's character in 30 Rock.
    franklinjackcon
  • Reply 28 of 52
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,357member
    If any non-wealthy mentally ill person climbed on top of the tables to rant he’d have been removed by security. Why do the wealthy get a pass?
    Wealth had little do to with it. He's famous, or more accurately infamous, and he's black, even if he can't spell it. Removing anybody from that table  except a violent person would be problematic. Removing a black person would have been a PR nightmare. As he was doing no real harm, better just to let him rant and be on his way

mac_dog said:
    Apparently wealth & fame absolves one from accountability, as well. 
    It's, as they say, 'the optics'. I don't know that he'd get a pass a second time.

entropys said:
    Crazy like a fox.
    You're half-right. But I agree, all theatre. Cue Jon Lovitz.

The Trump/Kanye/Cap thing is all theater and ludicrous. Somebody should have tweeted 'Ludacris at the Apple Store!' That would have really set him off. ROFL.

Kanye's been smoking' Elon's sh t.

claire1
  • Reply 29 of 52
    samrodsamrod Posts: 60unconfirmed, member
    "In 2016, Yeezus promised his then-new album The Life of Pablo would "never be on Apple" before pleading with fans to subscribe to Tida" What's Yeezus? Is that a typo?
  • Reply 30 of 52
    Some say he is mentally unstable. 

Some say he is a marketing genius.

If the former, he needs professional help, if the latter he’s a simple jackass. 

It occurs to me the foregoing fits to both West, and Trump. 
  • Reply 31 of 52
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    Pity there were no trigger happy security guards around :wink: 

He had a Genius Bar appointment to learn how to change his iPhone pin from 000000 to something secure.
    edited October 2018
  • Reply 32 of 52
    rossb2 said:
    tyler82 said:
    I'd rather my taxes go to mental health funding than endless wars.

Could you imagine where the world would be if the amount of money spent on the military was instead spent on funding technological and environmental advances?

Your post is ironic. TCPIP, the backbone of the internet, was invented by the US department of defence.
    Noooo…

Even if we ignore you getting your computer history wrong that way of looking at things has the same efficiency as feeding the poor by first buying all the food, give it to the rich, and then hand the scraps that falls of the table to the poor.

It's 2018, and we no longer need to feed military research to get new things for civilian use.
  • Reply 33 of 52
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,356member
    In retrospect I feel bad about the "Crazy Train" comment. Having dealt with a number of individuals with mental health issues, including family members, I suspect there is a high likelihood (pending professional evaluation) that Mr West has some unresolved and untreated issues beyond sleep deprivation (which is a serious concern in and of itself). Putting his rants up in a public forum for all the world to see is not fair to Mr West and makes him a target of criticism and does not help him get the professional help that he probably needs. The good news is that based on similar previous episodes that have been shown in the public eye, he does appear to be resilient and able to handle the backlash that results from his rants and tirades. What makes this latest episode most troubling is that the WH was trying to use Mr West and Jim Brown for political leverage and the whole deal just blew up into a cringe worthy sideshow, which was predictable considering the participants.
  • Reply 34 of 52
    mrshow said:
    rossb2 said:
    tyler82 said:
    I'd rather my taxes go to mental health funding than endless wars.

Could you imagine where the world would be if the amount of money spent on the military was instead spent on funding technological and environmental advances?

Your post is ironic. TCPIP, the backbone of the internet, was invented by the US department of defence.
    Which obviously means it wouldn't have been invented otherwise. 🙄
    Actually it indicates that the military has been behind many technological advances.  Take GPS for example.  
    JWSC
  • Reply 35 of 52
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    If any non-wealthy mentally ill person climbed on top of the tables to rant he’d have been removed by security. Why do the wealthy get a pass?
    It’s not his wealth, it’s his celebrity. The Kardashians, for example, are famous for being famous. They don’t “do” anything like sing, dance, compose, act, etc. They landed a reality show deal that simply follows their Crazy Train around and Kanye is the caboose on the train. Nothing but attention whores.
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 36 of 52
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,357member
    lkrupp said:
    It’s not his wealth, it’s his celebrity... .  ..and Kanye is the caboose on the train. 
    Celebrity, infamy— po-tā-to, po-tah-to.

And 'caboose' is a particularly apt choice.  :D
  • Reply 37 of 52
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    dewme said:
    In retrospect I feel bad about the "Crazy Train" comment. Having dealt with a number of individuals with mental health issues, including family members, I suspect there is a high likelihood (pending professional evaluation) that Mr West has some unresolved and untreated issues beyond sleep deprivation (which is a serious concern in and of itself). Putting his rants up in a public forum for all the world to see is not fair to Mr West and makes him a target of criticism and does not help him get the professional help that he probably needs. The good news is that based on similar previous episodes that have been shown in the public eye, he does appear to be resilient and able to handle the backlash that results from his rants and tirades. What makes this latest episode most troubling is that the WH was trying to use Mr West and Jim Brown for political leverage and the whole deal just blew up into a cringe worthy sideshow, which was predictable considering the participants.
    Whether West is mentally ill or just a jerk is a matter of debate.
    But, assuming that he is mentally ill, my experience as a psych nurse caring for crazy people who were living in the community, was that those who accepted and understood their condition did far better than those who denied being crazy....   Actually, acceptance is the first step to a better life.   So, perhaps, if he is in fact mentally ill, being a target of criticism might help his acceptance and the resulting treatment.
  • Reply 38 of 52
    dewme said:
    It's easy to see how it could be stress, schizophrenia or… simply a person not being received as he thinks he should, and right now in the middle of getting lost in doubling down on his personal style of "crazy".

That'd be exactly the same thing as when some poor sap bombs on a talent show, all while thinking they're the next Whitney Houston. This guy just happens to have the fame and riches to keep bombing, and doing so very publicly.

It's not always that we have to go all the way to an actual mental illness to find plenty of crazy. 
  • Reply 39 of 52
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    For anybody looking for a good job, I suspect one as manager of the DC Apple store will be opening up soon.
  • Reply 40 of 52
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    dewme said:
    Whether West is mentally ill or just a jerk is a matter of debate.
    But, assuming that he is mentally ill, my experience as a psych nurse caring for crazy people who were living in the community, was that those who accepted and understood their condition did far better than those who denied being crazy....   Actually, acceptance is the first step to a better life.   So, perhaps, if he is in fact mentally ill, being a target of criticism might help his acceptance and the resulting treatment.
    "I hate being bi-polar, it's awesome"

I don't think he denies it.
    h4y3sgilly017