It took Apple four days to sell initial iPhone XR supply

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 39
    Reviews I’ve seen today said it’s a solid device. The screen isn’t as good as the XS, but that doesn’t mean it’s a bad screen or has poor quality.

I’m sure it’s going to sell very well.
    gilly33bb-15watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 39
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,337member
    saltyzip said:
    bdkennedy1002 said:
    No, it doesn’t have a full 1080p screen. It has a 4K screen win 1080p video recording.
    I suggest you look up the specs for iPhone XR:
    6.1-inch LCD Retina Display; 1,792x828 pixels
    326 ppi

Your response is typical of an apple user who isn't educated on these things. Thinking it's a 4k screen just because the camera can record in 4k.

Apple not providing a quick charger in the box is another scam to make more money. Not using usb c is another scam to make more money on cable licensing it just goes on and on.
    Do you have an original thought, or are you going to quote Lew's video word for word. You response is typical of an insecure troll that has nothing better to do than bash products on an Applecentric website.  Stop with the scam bullshit.. you aren't even using the word correctly, Apple clearly listed ALL features and screen resolutions.. so just stop.. 

scam
    /skam/
    noun
    informal
    noun: scam; plural noun: scams
    1. 1.
      a dishonest scheme; a fraud.
      "an insurance scam"
      synonyms:fraud, swindle, fraudulent scheme, racket, trick; Morepharming;
      informalcon, hustle, flimflam, bunco, grift, gyp, shakedown
      "the scam involved a series of bogus investment deals"
    verb
    verb: scam; 3rd person present: scams; past tense: scammed; past participle: scammed; gerund or present participle: scamming
    swindle.
    "a guy that scams the elderly out of their savings"

netmageApple ExposedStrangeDaysbb-15watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 39
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Okay, so a troll posts a video of an ignorant YouTuber and everybody responds by quoting the entire post. Now this crap video is plastered all over this thread. I’d say mission accomplished by the troll. Well done, sir. We’re a gullible group here, easy marks. P. T. Barnum would be proud.
    edited October 2018 Apple Exposedsphericanantksundaramwatto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 39
    Apple ExposedApple Exposed Posts: 15unconfirmed, member
    saltyzip said:
    This phone will always be known as a 2018 Apple device that doesnt have even a full HD (1080p) screen.

Apple being Apple and saving money anyway they can to keep their shareholders happy. Scamming consumers who dont know better. I thought it was all about the screen, so why not even provide a 1080p screen on a 2018 device that starts from £749 disgraceful!

I suggest you take a look at my video as I addressed the stupidity:

GUYS. please watch the video before disliking.

A 1080p screen would do nothing but make the iPhone more expensive, then you would complain about price.

saltyzip said:
    bdkennedy1002 said:
    No, it doesn’t have a full 1080p screen. It has a 4K screen win 1080p video recording.
    326 ppi

Your response is typical of an apple user who isn't educated on these things. Thinking it's a 4k screen just because the camera can record in 4k.

Apple not providing a quick charger in the box is another scam to make more money. Not using usb c is another scam to make more money on cable licensing it just goes on and on.
    We reached pixel density limit 6 years ago on iPhones. Adding more pixels will not magically improve your eyesight.

Google Pixel Slate has a 293ppi screen while iPhone XR is 326ppi. Why aren'y you guys bashing that device?

Your response is typical of an android user who isn't educated on these things.
    edited October 2018 StrangeDaysgilly33watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 39
    YP101YP101 Posts: 160member
    I am not sure about someone called XR is premium phone. 

Compare to 8+ 256GB price($849) to XR 256GB price($899), it differences $50.
    I rather pay $50 more for A12 CPU alone.

Also bigger screen and smaller form factor is plus as well.
    I wonder at this point why anyone wants to buy brand new 8+ 256GB. Even 64GB price differences $50 as well.

PPI? Who cares, Most current phone screen seems same to me. Even I use 6S+ screen brightness is around 80%. Still looks good.

Unless you looking at smartphone screen all day, you won't feel the difference base on LCD screen unless you compare 4K and 1080P.

bb-15watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 39
    YP101 said:
    I am not sure about someone called XR is premium phone. 

Compare to 8+ 256GB price($849) to XR 256GB price($899), it differences $50.
    I rather pay $50 more for A12 CPU alone.

Also bigger screen and smaller form factor is plus as well.
    I wonder at this point why anyone wants to buy brand new 8+ 256GB. Even 64GB price differences $50 as well.

PPI? Who cares, Most current phone screen seems same to me. Even I use 6S+ screen brightness is around 80%. Still looks good.

Unless you looking at smartphone screen all day, you won't feel the difference base on LCD screen unless you compare 4K and 1080P.

Not on a screen that small. You won't see the difference.

lkrupp said:
    Okay, so a troll posts a video of an ignorant YouTuber and everybody responds by quoting the entire post. Now this crap video is plastered all over this thread. I’d say mission accomplished by the troll. Well done, sir. We’re a gullible group here, easy marks. P. T. Barnum would be proud.

You're right and he changed the topic of the article. But some people are really that uneducated and need to be educated.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 39
    The analysts and critics were so quick to point out how soft XR sales were on the first day. But, really what's the big rush? So, consumers take a few more days to pre-order or even a couple of weeks to get to the stores to buy the iPhone XR. Why are analysts and investors so quick to panic about what they consider poor or slow sales? Why can't these people give Apple time to develop some trend on sales to see if sales will pick up or fall off. Apple usually does well the holiday season, so why should this year be any different as long as the products are decent.

I doubt there will be any apologies by the analysts or critics for jumping the gun on their 'poor/soft iPhone XR sales' call.  Not that I or Apple gives a damn what the analysts have to say.  They're always jumping to quick conclusions and are often quite off the mark as to the whole Apple picture when it comes to sales.  If sales are lower and Apple makes it up in higher ASPs, I don't see a huge problem.  We all know the premium smartphone market is saturated and there isn't that much wiggle room for any company to keep increasing sales by double digit percentages.
    edited October 2018 bb-15
  • Reply 28 of 39
    saltyzip said:
    bdkennedy1002 said:
    326 ppi

If a consumer buys an iPhone and is dissatisfied with the product, he can return the iPhone and get his money back with no questions asked. That's not fraud, cheating or a scam. Apple can lose out if consumers are not satisfied with what they're getting. The consumer has a choice and he can easily find out what comes in the box. Yes, Apple's products cost more than most but it's the consumer's choice to decide to buy an Apple product or not. I'm not sure where anyone can say it's a deception on Apple's part unless we're talking about the product's marketing hype which is done by all companies. All companies have a tendency to stretch or distort the truth when trying to sell their products.
    bb-15
  • Reply 29 of 39
    The analysts and critics were so quick to point out how soft XR sales were on the first day. But, really what's the big rush? So, consumers take a few more days to pre-order or even a couple of weeks to get to the stores to buy the iPhone XR. Why are analysts and investors so quick to panic about what they consider poor or slow sales? Why can't these people give Apple time to develop some trend on sales to see if sales will pick up or fall off. Apple usually does well the holiday season, so why should this year be any different as long as the products are decent.

I doubt there will be any apologies by the analysts or critics for jumping the gun on their 'poor/soft iPhone XR sales' call.  Not that I or Apple gives a damn what the analysts have to say.  They're always jumping to quick conclusions and are often quite off the mark as to the whole Apple picture when it comes to sales.  If sales are lower and Apple makes it up in higher ASPs, I don't see a huge problem.  We all know the premium smartphone market is saturated and there isn't that much wiggle room for any company to keep increasing sales by double digit percentages.

The answer to the questions that you asked - Stock manipulation. It happens in EVERY quarter, just 2 weeks prior to Apple's quarterly earnings call for it to be a coincidence.

• Reply 30 of 39
    avon b7 said:
    saltyzip said:
    This phone will always be known as a 2018 Apple device that doesnt have even a full HD (1080p) screen.

Apple being Apple and saving money anyway they can to keep their shareholders happy. Scamming consumers who dont know better. I thought it was all about the screen, so why not even provide a 1080p screen on a 2018 device that starts from £749 disgraceful!

Go away. 
    Why? They are valid points.

This is a late 2018 phone. In reality it's a 2019 flagship phone with a flagship price. It is lacking in areas where you wouldn't really expect it to.

For me, the lack of a fast charger and headphone adapter (I think that is missing too) in the box is very disappointing.
    Fast charging increases the heat generated. Heat is one of the biggest killers of batteries. Apple knows that charging slowly will increase the lifespan of the battery. I for one am happy with that. 
    retrogustobb-15watto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 39
    gilly33gilly33 Posts: 434member
    saltyzip said:

Wow and you used Unboxed Therapy as your bastion of support. Nice. Just don’t get the phone dude. 
    bb-15watto_cobraApple Exposed
  • Reply 32 of 39
    saltyzip said:
    bdkennedy1002 said:
    326 ppi

Fuck so you are mad at Apple. They are evil. Get another effing phone. Who the hell made you the anti-Apple crusader. We got your point the first time. Shit. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 33 of 39
    retrogustoretrogusto Posts: 1,111member
    With all of the compromises that a company can make when designing a device as complicated as this, the best ones are the ones that are barely noticeable beyond the spec sheet. Early reviews of the XR are out, and more than one reviewer has said that it’s very difficult to tell the difference between the XS and XR screens. The review in today’s New York Times said, “I confess that I struggled to see a difference between the Liquid Retina screen and the OLED on an iPhone XS.” And differentiating products is what he does for a living. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/23/technology/personaltech/apple-iphone-xr-review.html

I think I would be more likely to notice the slight thickness added by the Liquid Retina screen, but even that is extremely minimal, apparently about a half a millimeter. If I used a case, I’m sure I wouldn’t notice that either. 
    fastasleepwatto_cobra
  • Reply 34 of 39
    saltyzip said:

A 1080p screen would do nothing but make the iPhone more expensive, then you would complain about price.

saltyzip said:
    bdkennedy1002 said:
    326 ppi

We reached pixel density limit 6 years ago on iPhones. Adding more pixels will not magically improve your eyesight.

Google Pixel Slate has a 293ppi screen while iPhone XR is 326ppi. Why aren'y you guys bashing that device?

That was an informative video. You know it’s all about clicks. Like the video pointed out bashing Apple gets people clicks. These guys don’t care about accuracy that doesn’t pay their bills apparently. And then the idiots that listen to them come on an Applecentric website and utter nonsense. I’m never on an Android website bashing Android because I don’t give two shits about Android or anything that runs it. But hey I guess that because I’m an isheep and got no sense. 
    bb-15watto_cobraApple Exposed
  • Reply 35 of 39
    I wonder how much is actual depletion of inventory versus thinking "we can't process orders at this late date for Friday delivery so just mark them for delivery later".  I remember a lot of iPhone X orders that were received two or three weeks earlier than the expected delivery date.  I think Apple will continue to ship them out as quickly as they can.

I also think there will be a decent stock on-hand in Apple and carrier stores on Friday.  I want to see the colors in person and am hopeful they will be widely available soon.
    edited October 2018 watto_cobra
  • Reply 36 of 39

Love how you’re “disappointed” by the lack of an unneeded adapter for a device you would never actually purchase in a million years. What bullshit. 
    While the use for the lightning to headphone adapter is getting less common, there are still a number of users who do indeed need one.  I don't have Bluetooth in my car but I do have an AUX port.  I will need an adapter.  I'm certainly willing to pay for it myself (under $20 from Amazon for the one with a charging port too), but don't assume just because you won't use something that nobody will.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 37 of 39
    badmonkbadmonk Posts: 1,295member
    saltyzip said:
    bdkennedy1002 said:
    326 ppi

You mean like Android manufactures passing off a SnapDragon 845 as cutting edge technology? Or having a notch for something other than a fully fleshed out version of FaceID?

Seems like it cuts both ways.  And a lightning cable and connection is durable when used thousands of times.
    watto_cobrafastasleep
  • Reply 38 of 39
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member
    Typical Android fans. Numbers seem to be more important than real life usability.

”Luk at teh speks”.
    watto_cobrafastasleep
  • Reply 39 of 39
    gilly33 said:
    saltyzip said:

saltyzip said:
    bdkennedy1002 said:
    326 ppi

That was an informative video. You know it’s all about clicks. Like the video pointed out bashing Apple gets people clicks. These guys don’t care about accuracy that doesn’t pay their bills apparently. And then the idiots that listen to them come on an Applecentric website and utter nonsense. I’m never on an Android website bashing Android because I don’t give two shits about Android or anything that runs it. But hey I guess that because I’m an isheep and got no sense. 
    Thanks. I don't care about android either. It's the hypocrisy and hate that peeves me.