Unicode's Emoji 12.0 candidates for iOS 13 include more skin tone combos & handicap option...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    Rayz2016 said:
    Wow.

You’d think old white men were an endangered species or something. 

It’s just an emoji. It can’t hurt you. It’s just a bit of fun for the kids. It doesn’t mean the darker races are taking over, and it won’t have any effect on your rights to beat your wife. 
    Also, to point out the obvious, they're not taking away the existing ones, they're adding more. You don't like women in wheelchairs, you don't need to use the emoji.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    I wish they would create a thumb twiddling emoji so that I could express how I feel while waiting years for the Mac Pros and Mac minis  to be updated.
    JonInAtl
  • Reply 23 of 23
    Rayz2016 said:
    Wow.

You’d think old white men were an endangered species or something. 

It’s just an emoji. It can’t hurt you. It’s just a bit of fun for the kids. It doesn’t mean the darker races are taking over, and it won’t have any effect on your rights to beat your wife. 
    WTF are you talking about?

Some of us are just making fun of the fact that we went from a generic smiley face icon to thousands of combinations of colors and genders in the virtual blink of an eye. 

From the standard/article linked above:  "Implementations may optionally support all combinations of mixed skin tones for the 6 multi-person emoji in the B group. This can be a large number — over 4,000 for the family emoji alone — and thus may not be practical for all devices."  4 thousand different emojis to represent a family?  Seems a bit excessive.  Who is using these?  How is anyone going to find the right emoji out of the myriad options?

So instead of texting, "looking forward to seeing the family this weekend" I'm going to spend seconds or minutes finding exactly the right representation of "family" so they recipient can see a stupid little picture that conveys LESS information than the word?

I feel sorry for the developers on the emoji implementation team (at many different companies) dealing with this silliness.
    larz2112