Nomad launches slim leather case for AirPods

Posted:
in General Discussion edited November 2018
Nomad has debuted their latest accessory, a genuine leather enclosure for AirPods that not only protects the easily-scratched charging case, but makes it look great in the process.

Nomad AirPods Rugged Case in brown
Nomad AirPods Rugged Case in brown

Rugged Case is a two-part enclosure for your AirPods that keep things slim and is made of Horween leather, a decades old tannery based out of Chicago, known for their exceptional quality. If you've tried any of Nomad's excellent iPhone cases, you should be aware of the leather's look and feel.

One of AirPods' owners biggest complaints to date has not been about any functionality, but the propensity of the charging case to collect copious scratches through normal use. Others have brought cases to market for Apple's diminutive earbuds, but few have taken off with customers.

Nomad Modern Apple Watch Strap, AirPods Rugged Case, and iPhone Rugged Case in black
Nomad Modern Apple Watch Strap, AirPods Rugged Case, and iPhone Rugged Case in black

While we haven't tried out Nomad's Rugged Case for AirPods yet, at first blush it appears to be a big step up from the bulky and stiff AirSnap from Twelve South, that retails for the same price.

Stay tuned for our hands of the Rugged Case in the coming days.

Nomad's Rugged Case for AirPods is available for preorder now for $29.95 with orders heading out the door on November 15th.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I just use a tissue & keep it under the case to prevent scratches & to clean AirPods after a workout.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    A case for a case. We really are deep into First World issues here.
    n2itivguyvukasikacharlesn
  • Reply 3 of 5
    neilmneilm Posts: 985member
    That's a nice looking classic watch strap in black leather too. However other than having no Apple logo the iPhone case shown looks just like Apple's own excellent leather case, although Nomad's version is less expensive.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Without a clasp to attach it to a key chain or a brief case, it’s just a gift wrapping for whoever finds them when you lose them. Twelve South has a much better product.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,350member
    kestral said:
    A case for a case. We really are deep into First World issues here.
    Second post. I was wondering how long it would take someone to pull out that bullshit cliché. Congrats— you're 'FIRST!'

neilm said:
    That's a nice looking classic watch strap in black leather too. However other than having no Apple logo the iPhone case shown looks just like Apple's own excellent leather case, although Nomad's version is less expensive.
    I normally don't care for third-party leather Watchbands a they tend to look heavy and bulky for the design and size of the Watch. But that band shown looks pretty nice.

vukasika said:
    Without a clasp to attach it to a key chain or a brief case, it’s just a gift wrapping for whoever finds them when you lose them. Twelve South has a much better product.
    'Better' is relative. It is more functional, but the welt-design looks cheap, as does the inelegant clip/hinge. It's practical, though.

I keep my AirPods in my pocket, in a zipper case designed for some headphones. During a day's use, the bare case gets slippery, especially in cold weather, and I have difficulty gripping it. I know — FWPs.

This Nomad case is very nicely done, and looks as good as Apple's cases, as mentioned. Apple does make (yes, they have somebody make them for Apple) the nicest leather products for their kit. The Nomad looks right at home.