Apple could and should make a larger iPad Pro but it probably won't be 15 inches

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 64
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    mac_128 said:
    YP101 said:
    I don't think iOS require mouse or some sort of pointer support.
    Apple should implement new OSX to touch. OSX is getting old.
    They need shift to new area that Windows already there long ago.

It is time to Apple introduce new touch OS11.
    This will be separate from iOS to OS11 and iPad can be increase screen size. 13-15 inch.

The OS11 should have 2 version. 1 for full blown for Mac Pro, Macbook pro, etc.. Other for some what strip down to core function for iPad pro.(I would say IPad MAX means maximum functionality.)
    OS11 strip down version still you can install desktop application or iPad app.

New bigger iPad should start with 6-8GB RAM, 256GB SSD up to 2TB. And microSD card for data and copy photo from DSLR.
    This platform will be true test for Ax to intel CPU. If A13 or higher can take on Intel's i3 and i5 then Apple will introduce Macbook 12' and Air 13; will be replace from Intel by year 2021 or 2022.
    Terrible idea.

Windows touch is garbage and the UI on macOS (OS X is dead friend) is fairly detailed enough to require some scaling to work with a finger to say nothing of the gestures that people would be required to learn as Apple loves a gesture no key will learn (5 finger punch I’m looking at you). 

Like the colored buttons to maneuver the opening of windows and so on... also Photoshop with your finger is also dumb. 

The problem is that Apple has built too many portable machines and they overlap running to divergent OS and the iPad has outgrown it.

iOS 11 should have mandated all EditorislChoice Apps support all multitasking features and instead we have 3D Touch 2.0. Great idea no one cared. 

The mouse use will never happen. It’s clear the pencil is the way forward and what’s possible and mobile first on an iPhone doesn’t translate to Office, Adobe,Logic or FCP. They need these 4 universally accepted Professional Productivity Suites to work perfectly In equitable iPad version. And they don’t - the dorks have learned to love and embrace the possibility of iOS as OS but no one else wants to learn that stuff. 

The pencil is the mouse. The Smart Keyboard needs programmable function keys and back lighting and a second shell rigid case should be sold that drives the point in laptop replacement. We have tvOS and watchOS they’ve either got this figured out for reveal later or they’re peddling garbage marketing. It’s a computer. Tablets are dead. 

The iphone will slow slow soon and the iPad could better implemented be its successor in scale and use. 

MY guess is the rumored convergence experiments with macOS and iOS having greater continuance functionality and that further effort is probably padOS 

The MacBook doesn’t make sense anymore. It’s slow and standing in the way of iPads proper place in the lineup and it’s garbage.

Why they sell a glorified netbook Now the air has launched is redundant. Kill the MacBook, fuflfil the iPads promise and follow through on the marketing.

thst keyboard sucks. All keyboards should be backlight the end. 
    The Pencil is the mouse? How can you discuss using the keyboard at the same time as the Pencil and make that claim? What kind of sense does it make to stop typing, move one hand to pick up the pencil, then lift it to the iPad and expect to have any control over the tip to make fine edits, suspended in mid air,  then put the pencil down, and move the hand back to the keyboard? That doesn’t even make sense without a keyboard attached, and jusing the virtual touch keyboard.

The Pencil has an important place in Apples ecosystem, but as a mouse replacement, it doesn’t work.
    All true!  But the Mac bigots are terrified and will say almost anything -- no matter how ridiculous -- to pretend that the inevitable is impossible.

They know that an iPad with an external keyboard and touchpad will take a big bite out of the MacBook line.   It will likely eat the MacBook in a single bite and then be start chasing down the MBA & MBP.  But don't be scared MacFreaks:  it will take years for it to catch either of those -- if ever.   Your Mac line is safe.
  • Reply 62 of 64
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    crowley said:
    thedba said:
    YP101 said:
    I don't think iOS require mouse or some sort of pointer support.
    Apple should implement new OSX to touch. OSX is getting old.
    They need shift to new area that Windows already there long ago.

It is time to Apple introduce new touch OS11.
    This will be separate from iOS to OS11 and iPad can be increase screen size. 13-15 inch.

The OS11 should have 2 version. 1 for full blown for Mac Pro, Macbook pro, etc.. Other for some what strip down to core function for iPad pro.(I would say IPad MAX means maximum functionality.)
    OS11 strip down version still you can install desktop application or iPad app.

New bigger iPad should start with 6-8GB RAM, 256GB SSD up to 2TB. And microSD card for data and copy photo from DSLR.
    This platform will be true test for Ax to intel CPU. If A13 or higher can take on Intel's i3 and i5 then Apple will introduce Macbook 12' and Air 13; will be replace from Intel by year 2021 or 2022.
    You want Apple to further subdivide their OS’s? Not going to happen any time soon, if at all. 
    The experiment of slapping on touch to a desktop OS hasn’t yielded the windfall that MS may have hoped for. The Surface line, which is supposed to be the holy grail of Windows devices hasn’t convinced enough buyers to surpass either the minuscule market share Mac or iPad.
    Developers on the Windows side haven’t jumped on the touch bandwagon to redevelop their apps and most users have stuck with what they’re already familiar, which is desktop mode. 

SD card slot will never happen on an iPad. They’ve removed it already from the MacBooks, do you honestly think they will reintroduce it on a future iPad?
    There wasn't one on the MacBooks or the iMac for ages, then suddenly there was; I wouldn't be so confident in never.  A fair few people said Apple would never put 64GB of DDR Ram in the MacBook Pro.
    There will never, ever, be a SD card reader built into iPad. You can take that to the bank. If you don’t understand why it’s likely not worth trying to explain it. 
    I understand why there probably won't be, but Apple are quite good at confounding expectations every now and then.  So I'll gladly bank it, just in case.
  • Reply 63 of 64
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,343member
    MOUSE SUPPORT!  What do we need to do to convince Apple that if the iPad supported a mouse, we would use it as our daily driver?  (as I type this on my MacBook Pro:) 
    The Mac is for you then. People have learned to live without mouse for over 8 years with help of the iPad. The slowing laptop sells don’t seem to indicate people love trackpads & mice very much.
    With today's technology we shouldn't have to choose one OR the other.   Or have to buy two machines because each has been artificially restricted in what it can do.
    It’s not artificial. Cars and trucks excel at different use cases for different reasons. The UI in iOS is designed for touch on a small screen. 
    False Analogy with the car vs truck.

As for "iOS was designed for _______".  iOS was simply cut down from MacOS to work on an early, low power, small screen iPhone / iPod.   It obviously can be whatever Apple decides it will be.   Cursor control for instance was stripped out simply because it was irrelevant to a 2007 iPhone.  What was stripped out can be added back in whenever Apple decides to do so.   It is not a technical limitation.
    Indeed Apple seemed to have used iOS to overhaul Mac systems as needed as well first by giving them a fresh start on iOS then back to mac to deal with interactions between the new system and the old. They seem are doing it again with UXKit which would then make the prefect based for a padOS version with Apps that seemlessly transistion from Touch to Pencil to Mouse and any form of Keyboard and really start pushing what an iPad can do.

Me I'd want more like 20inch A3 or 28inch A2 sized devices and I say devices because I think that would be pushing into the realm of something new entirely, unlike 15-16 inch close to A4 is standard notebook range.