Citi reduces AAPL target to $200, because 'trade wars are bad for tech stocks'

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    MplsP said:
    kruegdude said:
    iPhone XS Max is $1,449.00 now. I wonder how high the price will go now. Meh. I'm fine with my iPhone 7.
    It actually ranges from $1099-$1449 or $54-$68 per month. The iPhone 7 is a good phone and will last quite a while but so will the XS max. Given a 5 year life the lower cost version of the iPhone would cost around $18/month. 
    I'm in the same boat. I'd like to upgrade my 6s for a Xs or Xr to get a better camera, but $1250 is a big pill to swallow.
    The iPhone XR is a VERY good phone.  $749.  6.1” screen.  Not $1250.  

You may not be one one of them, but some “cherry pickers” are only in the game of deception. Mobile phone options now are similar to computers... there are low to high price points, each with pluses and minuses.

and when you take an objective look across the various models of new iPhones, it’s an impressive set of options that has a “built-in” standard level of quality, both in hardware and software/user platform.  I just don’t experience the same level of consistency when trying the low to high models in other brands.  Apple is not perfect, but best quality of service from what I see.  

And AAPL will be at $295 in one year... see I can pull numbers out of my ass like every other analyst, and just as probable as being right.  :-)
  • Reply 22 of 26
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,826member
    drewys808 said:
    MplsP said:
    kruegdude said:
    iPhone XS Max is $1,449.00 now. I wonder how high the price will go now. Meh. I'm fine with my iPhone 7.
    It actually ranges from $1099-$1449 or $54-$68 per month. The iPhone 7 is a good phone and will last quite a while but so will the XS max. Given a 5 year life the lower cost version of the iPhone would cost around $18/month. 
    I'm in the same boat. I'd like to upgrade my 6s for a Xs or Xr to get a better camera, but $1250 is a big pill to swallow.
    The iPhone XR is a VERY good phone.  $749.  6.1” screen.  Not $1250.  

You may not be one one of them, but some “cherry pickers” are only in the game of deception. Mobile phone options now are similar to computers... there are low to high price points, each with pluses and minuses.

and when you take an objective look across the various models of new iPhones, it’s an impressive set of options that has a “built-in” standard level of quality, both in hardware and software/user platform.  I just don’t experience the same level of consistency when trying the low to high models in other brands.  Apple is not perfect, but best quality of service from what I see.  

And AAPL will be at $295 in one year... see I can pull numbers out of my ass like every other analyst, and just as probable as being right.  :-)
    No one is doubting the quality. But the same quality was £300 cheaper a couple of years ago. 
  • Reply 23 of 26
    Stupid irrational babble, FUD and manipulation..

Quote unquote on the rationale: Citi ” we dont expect Apple to get hit by an Astroide, howevere we note should this occur Apple has material exposure , so we lower our target to 10 dollors “
    edited December 2018
  • Reply 24 of 26
    Good that you are happy with your 7.. but please spare us the trolling!

Iphone XS Max starts at $1099...

Dont put selective info out there that paints a false picture!
    edited December 2018
  • Reply 25 of 26
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 4,000member
    MplsP said:
    kruegdude said:
    I'm in the same boat. I'd like to upgrade my 6s for a Xs or Xr to get a better camera, but $1250 is a big pill to swallow. Yes, you can do like the credit card companies do and break it up into monthly payments so the number looks low, but it doesn't change the amount that you're paying. iPhones last longer than others, but 5 years is being over generous, IMO. 3-4 is a more reasonable expectation.

As for stock price and market cap, why does it matter? There are several people here who have invested heavily AAPL and every time the stock goes down the is much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Does that affect how your iPhone or MacBook work?
    If stock price and market cap don’t matter why does AI post stories every time some Wall Street analyst changes their price target or issues a research note?
    Clickbait? Plenty of people here up in arms! Actually, though, that's my question. Why is it necessarily news?
  • Reply 26 of 26
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,822member
    MacPro said:
    I am not cheap when it comes to buying Apple gear but I had to put the brakes on yesterday.  I have the 7 Plus and love it but 32 GB is less than ideal now I use it as an iPod for my Car Play and I obviously have a limit on the number of albums I can load in.  I was in our Mall for a wander around with my wife yesterday and surprisingly (cough cough),  I found myself in the Apple Store and asked to see the 64 GB XR.  The chap there looked at my iPhone and looked it up and said it was a  $250 trade-in in excellent condition.  In the end, I realized I love the 7 Plus but as a keen photographer, I have my Sony a7 iii and Canons so it's not about the cameras in iPhones for me and dang, I was really looking for an extra 32 GB for music and it was going to cost me $499.  I decided I'll just swap out the albums more often on the 7 Plus!  
    You will always get more selling Apple gear back on the market than trading in at the store. 
    Good point.