Qualcomm blocked evidence in German Apple suit that previously led to non-infringement fin...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    In this era of global business, we really desperately need a global IP court. Instead of the crap we now have, like the WTO and the ICC.
    magman1979
  • Reply 22 of 30
    saltyzip said:
    Let's face it apple screwed up. Engineers from Qualcomm have provided enough proof apple are violating patents, but apple haven't shown evidence they don't, hence guilty verdict.

How did this work out in the US case, who independently evaluated the testimony of the chip designer and expertly reviewed the chip schematics?

The judge isn't qualified to do that, would need an independent expert.
    You obviously didn't even read the article, hence you spouting BS... Read first, comment after.
    sumjuanwatto_cobrabshank
  • Reply 23 of 30

k2kw said:
    wanderso said:
    Qualcomm is an example of companies that are more of a patent troll than an innovator these days.   Since they are publicly traded, the best thing that could happen would be for Apple to join up with Google to do a hostile takeover bid, purchase it, shut it down, and turn over the patents to public domain. The whole world would be better off.  That would avoid claims that Apple is cornering the market. I’m sure qualcomm has a poison pill in their stick that triggers if more than a certain percentage is purchased, but this could be thwarted by connecting to the right stockholders. 
    That's totally wrong QualComm innovation.   Qualcomm is number 7 on the list of Companies with most patent's in 2017.   Apple's down at number 12.   Pretty low considering its the biggest, most profitable company in the world now.   Unfortunately invests more money in lawyers to try to steal tech from companies like Qualcomm than actually developing new technologies.   I'm expecting that Apple will be paying for expensive Solid State Batteries when they get developed by either Samsung (#2 in patents) or LG (#3 patents).
    Another comment that's bordering on trolling... RTFA, Apple wasn't allowed to present evidence from their manufacturing partner that would vindicate them because Qualcomm refused to allow it unless they got their hands on trade-secret data, which would give them the opportunity to steal it, something they've done before.

Please get a clue before posting the same old tired anti-Apple rhetoric, makes you look bad.
    sumjuanwatto_cobraGaby
  • Reply 24 of 30
    larryjwlarryjw Posts: 1,031member
    Gaby said:
    I really hope that by the end of this, and when everything comes to light, that those devious low-lives bankrupt themselves in fees and fines and lost revenue. Qualcomm is a stain upon the tech industry. 
    Not me. I own stock in both Qualcomm and Apple and various others relevant to these cases. I want all to behave, and not waste money on lawyers, and put the money into R&D (or maybe lowering prices or increasing my dividends). 
  • Reply 25 of 30
    In this era of global business, we really desperately need a global IP court. Instead of the crap we now have, like the WTO and the ICC.
    https://www.wto.org/english/thewto_e/whatis_e/tif_e/agrm7_e.htm
  • Reply 26 of 30
    k2kw said:
    Qualcomm using desperation tactics now.
    Apple has become the 800 Gorilla like Microsoft of the late 90's.    Stealing tech from companies like QC instead of paying for it or developing it themselves.     Apple tried using Intel as their gutter thief with modems.   Maybe now with Intel's bad quality modems Apple will wise up and either try developing their own technology (wouldn't that be a real change) or pay QC for the best.
    Ya ya we get it you hate Apple. Doesn't mean they stole anything from QC, but typical of your kind, anything that doesn't fit in your world view doesn't register in your mind.

Note: If Apple really wanted to be an 800 lb Gorilla they would buy up Qualcomm then stop selling chips to Android manufacturers, leaving Huawei and Samsung as the only vendors with chip supplies.
    edited December 2018 watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 30
    k2kwk2kw Posts: 2,075member
    longfang said:
    k2kw said:
    Qualcomm using desperation tactics now.
    Apple has become the 800 Gorilla like Microsoft of the late 90's.    Stealing tech from companies like QC instead of paying for it or developing it themselves.     Apple tried using Intel as their gutter thief with modems.   Maybe now with Intel's bad quality modems Apple will wise up and either try developing their own technology (wouldn't that be a real change) or pay QC for the best.
    Ya ya we get it you hate Apple. Doesn't mean they stole anything from QC, but typical of your kind, anything that doesn't fit in your world view doesn't register in your mind.

Note: If Apple really wanted to be an 800 lb Gorilla they would buy up Qualcomm then stop selling chips to Android manufacturers, leaving Huawei and Samsung as the only vendors with chip supplies.
    I really doubt that Apple would get regulatory approval to buy QC.    Apple fanboys dreams of Broadcom buy QC were shattered early this year.   Hahaha.   Apple will probably have to stop stealing QC's intellectual property.
  • Reply 28 of 30
    bshankbshank Posts: 255member
    ktappe said:
    I wonder if a legal expert could answer this Q:   If the requisite evidence has already been presented in U.S. court, isn't it therefore available to the German court? Or are German courts willfully blind to previously available discovery? If the latter, that seems like a pretty f---ed up "justice" system Germany has.
    Different countries, different courts. It’s not like you can transfer evidence from country to country for the sake of convenience!!!
  • Reply 29 of 30
    larryjwlarryjw Posts: 1,031member
    bshank said:
    ktappe said:
    I wonder if a legal expert could answer this Q:   If the requisite evidence has already been presented in U.S. court, isn't it therefore available to the German court? Or are German courts willfully blind to previously available discovery? If the latter, that seems like a pretty f---ed up "justice" system Germany has.
    Different countries, different courts. It’s not like you can transfer evidence from country to country for the sake of convenience!!!
    Yes you can. See my comments above. The issue is that decisions by foreign courts will not be determinative -- such decisions and the facts backing them can be used as evidence to aid the court in coming to their own conclusions. 

• Reply 30 of 30
    Helliant1Helliant1 Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    I vaguely remember Qualcomm, what did they make again?  Oh, that’s right, they were known for making their own grave.  So, why am I concerned with them, I’m not!  I know that China is a very corrupt country but, Germany knowning what Qualcomm was up to and still allowing them to do their underhanded work is beyond me!