Bad Lip Reading skewers Apple's keynotes in latest video

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    darkvaderdarkvader Posts: 1,146member
    Decent, but not their best work.  I need a Bogel for the Glotch.

• Reply 42 of 45
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,843moderator
    dysamoria said:
    radarthekat said:
    I absolutely will judge your intellect by your sense of humor.
    I love this line.

I can see little kids giggling like crazy at the random words and silliness of this clip ... a mature adult might smile once or twice.
    I like Bad Lip Reading material. Yet, I’m such a mature adult that I make people uncomfortable with how serious I am. I have been like that since I was a teen, twenty+ years ago. I hate potty humor most times, and I hate movies like Dumb & Dumber. American Pie had some charm, but i don’t think it’s worth being a huge hit. It’s just embarrassingly ok. 

Bad Lip Reading humor is way more like Monty Python’s Flying Circus. If you don’t find surreal and meaningless weirdness funny, then you’re not going to understand why others do.

Judging people’s intellect based on their taste in humor, when that taste is NOT one of harming others (like racist or sexist jokes), is itself an incredibly immature attitude. It’s like judging people on their musical taste. People are different. Taste is mostly not objective. It’s arrogance and probably a bit of projection of one’s own insecurity to pass judgement on someone because they like something you don’t.

Now sports and motorcycles... that’s just a clearly objective example of socially destructive insanity ;-)
    Taste in humor has zero to do with what I said.  Zero.
  • Reply 43 of 45
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member
    I guess if you can’t fit actual words into the lip movement, just make them up huh. Genius.
  • Reply 44 of 45
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,360member
    I also did find these particularly funny. The speech pattern of the product launch was really annoying, almost like trying to listen to the typical speech-to-text YouTube video reading scripts. Offputting.

I've seen a couple bad lipreading videos that were funny, but they were far more fluid and didn't feel/soud at all like somebody had played with the audio, although it obviously they did.

The incongruity of the unexpected audio content is the only thing that would make these funny, and delivered badly, which I felt this was, it fails to make me laugh.

Delivery is the canon of any humor, be it audio or video. Having seen previous BL bits, my expectations were high, and not met. This may be a meme that has run its course for me.
  • Reply 45 of 45
    dysamoria said:
    Judging people’s intellect based on their taste in humor, when that taste is NOT one of harming others (like racist or sexist jokes), is itself an incredibly immature attitude. 
    Virtually every single thing that you've ever laughed at is someone being harmed or mocked in some way. The harm might be extremely minor, but it's harm. Whether obviously and explicitly, as in Three Stooges slapstick, or subtly and indirectly, such as Swift's Gulliver, we laugh when someone is physically hurt, embarrassed, their pride is deflated, their intellect is mocked, or their actions or words parodied.

It's possible that puns are an exception, since some argue that they aren't humor at all, but a case could be made that the listener is the one being harmed by the pun. :)
    edited December 2018