Cook promises Apple will 'learn' and 'take action' in memo to workers

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 88
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    "Learn" and "take action" are other words for "react". In tech, by the time you learn and take action, it is too late. What Apple needs is real vision. That means anticipating future trends and taking advantage of opportunity before it exists. It means designing products that customers won't know they want before they see them. The most recent products like this are the Air Pods and the Apple Watch. Both are great but neither rise to the level of the iPod or iPhone (or even the iPad). Cook is great at getting the products produced, shipped and supported. He is unfortunately not so good at creating them.
    Are you kidding me?

Those 2 products are some of the biggest in tech history. 
    tmay
  • Reply 82 of 88
    uraharaurahara Posts: 733member
    So you think China didn't play any role? Get out of your basement.
    elijahg said:
    "External forces may push us around a bit, but we are not going to use them as an excuse," Cook wrote in the memo
    Hold on didn't he say yesterday that China was the reason Apple's sales have declined? Seems like an excuse to me. That said, it's not exactly a disastrous decline, its certainly not great but even Apple sans Jobs needs a kick up its ass every now and then, to bring the execs back to planet Earth.
  • Reply 83 of 88
    Still on Iphone 6 plus... Intended to upgrade this year, but the price plus the repairability issues, pushed me to reconsider. Cook's Apple, is definitely not Steve's Apple, and Cook definitely needs to stop acting like Sculley. He already missed the maps opportunity, the assistant opportunity and is about to miss on a couple of others that will shape Apple's future. Instead, he is focusing on maximizing profits from products, typical of a non-leader business person
  • Reply 84 of 88
    jumejume Posts: 209member
    So finally Apple takes a hit for being too greedy! They deserve this. And people have also waken up that iPhones are not worth > 1600 USD phones (EU PRICES)!

Now the ball is at Apple. Step on the innovation, build quality and lower your profit margins!
  • Reply 85 of 88
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    jume said:
    So finally Apple takes a hit for being too greedy! They deserve this. And people have also waken up that iPhones are not worth > 1600 USD phones (EU PRICES)!

Now the ball is at Apple. Step on the innovation, build quality and lower your profit margins!
    Whenever someone starts calling a company “greedy” I immediately understand what kind of misinformed opinion I’m reading. A company charges what the market will bear. “Greed” plays no part in voluntary transactions.
  • Reply 86 of 88
    Sorry but only blaming china is Silly! The NEW iPhone is just another iPhone and nothing that makes the experience any better what so ever. I went from Note8 to XS Max and tomorrow i'm selling it going back to Note9. why? - Multiscreen (with the huge screen I have I really loved to watch youtube + browse tweets) - Be able to use Multiple devices for Bluetooth - Better call quality plus my internet don't disappear randomly like the iPhone. - Widget - So so much better desktop. I get annoyed as hell moving the stupid icons around iPhone.. And why the hell cant the first page in a folder expand to take advantage of the huge screen. Its so so old with this crappy screen.Sure Apple want to keep it simple but after so many phones even the die hard fans want more option to customize. Can keep going but you get my point. Oh and USB-C. F Apple for being lazy and money hungry. They should have added it 2018!
    avon b7
  • Reply 87 of 88
    jumejume Posts: 209member
    jume said:

Whenever someone starts calling a company “greedy” I immediately understand what kind of misinformed opinion I’m reading. A company charges what the market will bear. “Greed” plays no part in voluntary transactions.
    Sorry but I work and partially own a "high tech" company (Apple is also our customer among others), and I know a little bit of HW/SW business. We all love Apple but rising prices for 20-40% (happened with iPhone X, XS and max) and not bringing anything special new, just incremental update - this is ridiculous. Also charging 500, 1000, 1500 EUR just to upgrade touchbar, SSD, memory on the laptop is also ridiculous. 

I think having high-margins is great. It allows for a lot of profit and re-investment into new R&D. But are we seeing this with Apple in the last 5 years? At list keep your HW up to date if you are going to charge extra premium prices. 

Sorry I love Apple but I think it's our time - consumers, to start showing that we will not eat everythign Apple throws out and doesn't care neither to the quality or how ready the product is.
    edited January 2019
  • Reply 88 of 88
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member
    harrymam said:
    Still on Iphone 6 plus... Intended to upgrade this year, but the price plus the repairability issues, pushed me to reconsider. Cook's Apple, is definitely not Steve's Apple, and Cook definitely needs to stop acting like Sculley. He already missed the maps opportunity, the assistant opportunity and is about to miss on a couple of others that will shape Apple's future. Instead, he is focusing on maximizing profits from products, typical of a non-leader business person
    He missed what Mr One Post Wonder?

DuckDuckGo Taps Apple Maps to Power Private Search Results

https://spreadprivacy.com/duckduckgo-apple-mapkit-js/